• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Attendance

LDopaPDX

Like seriously, WTF?

Football attendances were way down this year despite improvement nationally. Basketball attendance is woeful. It looks like there's maybe 50 students at the games.

What on Earth is going on? Is there any kind of marketing push being done by the university? It feels like our AD ought to be controlling what can be controlled, and getting students to games seems like an easy one. It's been decades since basketball attendances looked this bad.

You are spot on Dopa. Shocked at attendence and another case of where the heck are students? This was a great game of two quality teams. EWU has a surprisingly good team that's fun to watch. UNC is really good and has BSC leading scorer. Why aren't there many EWU athletetes there supporting another sport?

I watched each of Eastern’s games against the Montanas. We played awful, can’t shoot to save our lives. Neither games was all that well attended, but looked like far better crowds than anything Eastern’s had in a long while. The difference in the environment was night and day versus Eastern. They have bands in attendance, beer gardens, it seemed like a real event. Eastern’s games seem so stale. Eastern didn’t even offer concessions at the last game. These seem like easy things to control to bring a fun factor to the game that doesn’t exist now. Instead of wondering how to keep pace, we should do some of the things the Montanas do to make themselves financially successful. Does Eastern still have cheerleaders and a band? It’s like the whole athletic department is asleep when it comes to trying to make these games profitable events.

I was at last home game vs UNC and there was a jazz band playing all game long with excitement and dang loud and plenty of cheerleaders all over and fun things going on during station breaks and time outs, Swoop moves all though the crowd all game long. The reason given for no concessions came from the top ... King Inslee says no candy or drinks or popcorn due to civid resstrictions. gets spendy when you pay more in taxes and fees than for tthr price for the tickts

Obzerver said:
I was at last home game vs UNC and there was a jazz band playing all game long with excitement and dang loud and plenty of cheerleaders all over and fun things going on during station breaks and time outs, Swoop moves all though the crowd all game long. The reason given for no concessions came from the top ... King Inslee says no candy or drinks or popcorn due to civid resstrictions. gets spendy when you pay more in taxes and fees than for tthr price for the tickts

Glad to hear band and cheerleaders are back. The game I went to in Cheney had neither. I guess that’s a step in the right direction. I even went to a football game with no band last year.

But man oh man, with budget deficits in athletics, we need to do ANYTHING to drive revenue. Not having concessions is absurd. I don’t know what legal ground could be used to squash the selling of food at a game, but you’d think the AD would push back against it. I guarantee you Montana wouldn’t have a game where they weren’t selling anything to fans…

LDopaPDX But man oh man said:
LDopa;
you are describing the difference between a bureaucrat and entrepreneur. Bureaucrat is focused on cutting costs and not "getting in trouble" entrepreneur is focused on creating revenue and profits will follow.

Great game last night against the #1 team in the Big Sky. Same comment thought, where are the fans? Where are the students?
It seems like since Dave Cooks retirement the exposure on TV, radio and newspaper has dropped dramatically.
ex: last night on the TV local sports report they didn't even give the Eastern score! Gonzaga yes and OK, WSU I understand but not even the final score for the Eagles is sad. What is our current SID doing???

clawman said:
Great game last night against the #1 team in the Big Sky. Same comment thought, where are the fans? Where are the students?
It seems like since Dave Cooks retirement the exposure on TV, radio and newspaper has dropped dramatically.
ex: last night on the TV local sports report they didn't even give the Eastern score! Gonzaga yes and OK, WSU I understand but not even the final score for the Eagles is sad. What is our current SID doing???

My thoughts exactly on all pts clawman. What a game watched online while listening to Larry. He said maybe 1200 (or thats what was reported) but he added best crowd this season...which is sad. He agrees with questioning the low turnout of fans. Student turnout weak. They missed a really good game.

Placed a superbowl prop bet today that has which will be greater...Cooper Kupp receptions in game vs EWU mens 3pt total vs ISU on Sat.....EWU had 13 last time they played ISU so I bet that...hope I lose.

Pretty good crowd tonight, both students and other fans and when the game came down to the close finish and then overtime they were really loud. I think this is the second #1 team the Eagles beat in the last two games!
If you weren't there, sorry you really missed on a fun game. The game Saturday @ Idaho in their new stadium will be very competitive as well. The Vandals have playing very good lately.
We never get anything new in Cheney so we may as well take advantage of others!

Bumping for 2023.

Was at the Montana game Jan 16, and we hit 2,244 which was underwhelming but also fairly loud.

They were handing out free hot dogs to students (and eventually everyone), and the student section was full enough you couldn’t sneak in for the 2nd half.

The Pavillion would be pretty raucous if they could just get 3,000 in on the lower seats and not worry about the upper decks, but I’d love to see it sold out, the acoustics would allow for some serious noise.

tomq04 said:
Bumping for 2023.

Was at the Montana game Jan 16, and we hit 2,244 which was underwhelming but also fairly loud.

They were handing out free hot dogs to students (and eventually everyone), and the student section was full enough you couldn’t sneak in for the 2nd half.

The Pavillion would be pretty raucous if they could just get 3,000 in on the lower seats and not worry about the upper decks, but I’d love to see it sold out, the acoustics would allow for some serious noise.

Sadly attendance no matter how good the teams are rarely get over 2K....Great atmosphere when it is filled. The guys are playing great ball and would be nice to see some more butts in the seats!

I was at the Idaho game and thought it was decently attended. There could have been a lot more students, however.

2,231 for the Weber game last Saturday. I've noticed an uptick in student attendance and the ones that have been there, have been really good.

Would love to see more alumni and locals get to the games but since ESPN+, people have stopped coming to basketball and football.

Funny how this thread never gets old or outdated.
At the womens game yesterday and really surprised at how few students there. If each player had one friend that would be more than students at the game. Pretty sad attendance

Latest posts

Back