• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Away game buses?

homegrown

Does anyone know if there will be buses for any of the away games this season? If so, we really should advertise and get a full bus and support our team! Any info would be great! :thumb: I know earlier this year there was some talk about big screens and parking lot parties for those people who can not travel to the out of town games. Anything in the works? I would like to help in any way. Good things are coming! Go Bengals!!! Oh, wondering if we know what time the Nebraska game is scheduled for?

Oh yeah, I want to go on the bus and watch Nebraska and ISU ! Who scheduled this one? Nebraska must have wanted a light scrimage before a big game like OSU. I guess they will get TV income, if it is televised. :ohno:

Pretty sure most programs have" money" games. Hhmmmmmmm, I thought this sports blog was for Bengal supporters! :bad:

Hmmmmmm, I just remember when Utah State played Baylor and got whipped 72- what,14 or less?
It wasn't a fun game!

Homegrown - chartering a bus is a great idea. The Bengals football team would be very happy to see the ISU fans during away games. Alot of teams do this throughout the season. Maybe you can contact the ISU Athletic Department and express the fan interest regarding chartering a bus and obtaining game tickets. Let the ISU Athletic Department conduct the research and costs. ISU Fans like to attend away games so a chartered bus is the way to go to lower travel costs.

Bandit, agreed no one likes to see a team get totally stomped at any game, especially the team you are cheering for. I just really believe that standing by and supporting your college town team as a community is an all the time thing, not just when their on top and winning. Now more than ever this team deserves our support and positive attitudes. They are proving to themselves and us the fans that it is more than just football. Winning a game does not make you a champion. Being defeated does not make you a loser.The chances of them coming close in that game are not very good, we all now this. I think its bigger than the scoreboard. Up for the challenge, thanks for the information. I will look into it and put out there any information I get. GO BENGALS!

Nothing builds positives attitudes more or quicker than points on the scoreboard that total up to a win.
ISU is in a building mode and why go that far out of your league? I was thinking in the relms of the injury risk when put up against a proven program that has a lot more speed and size and players that like to take cheap shots at you so they can make themselves look good. Heaven knows we don't need to come out of that game with a bunch of injuries. We all know that they can happen in any game, but I think one like this only enhances the possibility. :pray:

Bandit said:
Oh yeah, I want to go on the bus and watch Nebraska and ISU ! Who scheduled this one? Nebraska must have wanted a light scrimage before a big game like OSU. I guess they will get TV income, if it is televised. :ohno:

The past few years we've played games at Arizona State, Georgia, BYU, Oklahoma, Washington State, etc. The team always schedules these games. It's how the athletic department makes money.

Bandit - since when is a nebraska football team know for taking 'cheap shots at you so they can make themselves look good'........?

while they are going to beat the shi* out of us... the program is not known for cheap shots.... where did you get that?

spartan, I stand corrected, my bad. I didn't mean that the Nebraska program leaned that way. Maybe a better word would have been opportune shots. You have got to know that Nebraska is going to come out with the big boy attitude like, "how dare a college the size of ISU step on our turf". I'm not sure college football is any different than the NFL in that it's, take out whomever you can. It is football mentality now days, "I want to hurt someone". I'm sure you understand that part of the game as well as I do. I can hear the Corn Huskers now, "let's teach those Spud Farmers how to play football".
If ISU could pull out the biggest hat trick ever it would be wonderful, but by your own words, "we are going to get the shit kicked out of us", translates into injuries as well.
Again, sorry for using the word cheap.

Bandit,

okay - but your position suggests you don't really understand the difference in the competitive levels here - the nebraska football team is not going to give more than 5 minutes of thought to the bengals... the game will be little more than a scrimmage with officials.... they will get to play every one on their team.. they have been paying teams to come in and take an ass beating for years.... the bengals are just on the list right now.... no one on the conhuskers team gives a shi* about idaho state or any of the bottom feeder schools they pay to come and get beat down...

The very fact that I do understand the difference in the levels of sports is exactly why I made the first comment. The six things you mention here are the very things that I was talking about, except that they might use all their players. You don't have to travel very far just to get an "ass kicking", your words. This is like a 1A school going up against a 5A school. Have fun at the game!
I asked a friend ,"who scheduled this game" and his reply was, "Jolley"." Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny".(Cable Guy) :lol:

so where does the cheap shot + they got a big boy attitude stuff come from...?

isu took the game for the money - the ass whipping is the cost of doing business

I already explained about using the word "cheap". As far as "big boy attitude", I guess you will have to go to the game. Duh :facepalm:

OK and I suppose you are the "all know sooth sayer", huh. I'll bet that at my age, I have been around the sports game longer than you. Getting your ass kicked is a hard way to make money. Sorry I stepped on your ear of corn.

no sooth sayer here - i just pay enough attention to know that the nebraska fans and football team are known for being class acts to visiting teams - even when they are kicking them all over the field. they have a tradition of sportsmanship that goes back at least 40+ years

all low end teams play 'money games' - if you've been around the 'sports game' (who the hell talks like that anyway) for sooooo long you should be aware of that and not let it get your panties in an uproar

go away now - grown ups are talking :rofl:

You're a grown up????? You are talking about yourself pal. You got corn and peanuts coming out your mouth.
:blah:

Bandit,

I see you joined the Den recently. Welcome. Don't waste your time debating with Spartan, it will lead nowhere. As for money games, we have this discussion every year about this time. There are pros and cons. Obviously, we do it for the money. There is an increased likelihood of injury, but a lot of players relish the opportunity to play in a big time stadium in front of big time crowd. Many of the big schools treat us quite well. That doesn't mean you need to be a supporter of money games, but it's not all bad. Most of us have to come accept them as a fact of life for smaller programs.

Money games - great for the ISU Athletic Department and great for the ISU players to play against a D-1A colleges in front of big crowds.

Injuries - can happen anytime as players give up their bodies when playing football.

Win or Lose - expect losses against D-1A school as they have more scholarship players and are slightly bigger, faster, and more talented. I love to see D-1AA schools beat D-1A schools at their stadium, it happens every year, i.e., Scaramento - Oregon State game last season.

hey, what about those buses?

Latest posts

Back