• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Baseball picked to finish 6th

Bearsfan24

http://uncbears.com/sports/m-basebl/2009-10/news/030510gwcpoll

Thought this was kinda low considering some of the records these teams had last year. As you know these preseason polls don't mean much, look at basketball.

Sixth in conference makes absolutely no sense. Top three for sure and as long as the pitching holds up they can challenge for the conference title. Great day today with wins against Creighton, 10-3, and Sam Houston State, 5-3. Sawicki wins the first going six and giving up only 2 earned runs. Willman goes complete game for win in second game giving up 3 earned runs on a five hitter. Seth Budde with 8 rbi's on the day!

This team is going to definitely win some games and surprise some people.....Go BEARS!

That is a slap in the face, I saw that and the first thing I thought was that if we are fifth amoungst this collection of the dregs of D1 then, yes we should drop the sport... sad, but true.

Bears pitching looks decent, aside from Sawicki, just need to see how consistent they are. If they can keep putting up performances like the second Creighton game and the SHSU game, then the Bears will surprise some people this year.

Also, not sure if "The Scott" checks this board regularly, but the last complete game was not thrown by Jason Banks in the '08 finale against NYIT, it was Eric Maydew against NYIT.....just an FYI.

League members are doing poorly as expected. I'm gratified to see that UNC is 3-5. Just think, they could just as easily be 4-4 which is more than respectable in this conference. I see top three finish myself.

Latest posts

Back