• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengal Foundation

boisebengal

Can anyone here explain why they don't have anymore Bengal Foundation meetings in Pocatello -- not weekly, not monthly, not even quarterly? Even CSI in Twin Falls has regular booster meetings, and they're only a junior college!

Anyone?

During signing week, Robb Akey made appearances in Boise, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. He received a great amount of media attention in each market, and he was able to maintain a tie to the Vandal Alumni. During his visit to Idaho Falls, he appeared on KIDK 3, KPVI 6, and even made an in-studio appearance during the half-hour Sportsline show on KIFI 8. The Post Register featured him on the sports' front page, and the enthusiasm of the Vandal faithful was reported as well.

BoiseBengal, let us know if you ever receive an answer. I'd be happy to hear.

It's been about a couple weeks now and I still haven't heard an answer on this. I guess that mum's the word on this subject.

Yes Roar, I have talked with an administrator over there about that, and they wouldn't tell me anything about it. I think you're still on the board and maybe you have some inside information you'd like to share.l

Actually I resigned my post from there last year. Believe me, I told them what my feelings were in the best way I knew how. That really, really bothers me that they did not let you know what was going on or at least tell you what protocol was. We did have scheduled meetings and functions. Do they still? I have no clue.

If you don't think the (Admin.) reads this board think again! A couple years ago I was sitting in a meeting and I brought up a persons name to be considered for being on the foundation and a person sitting next to me (Admin.) all of a sudden had some heart burn about this individual and looked at me and said (from what i remember) "well you know he is going to have to watch what he says a lot more on the bengal den. Cuz I don't agree with some of what he says" Then that individual proceeded to tell me (roar) that mine and my crews posts were okay. I dasagreed with that person and told them that i thought the person was not out of line and was one of the milder posters with good intentions. Come to find out that poster was told to change his name on Bengal den from his employer. Yea, that really happened! Crock of SHIT! This person was and probably still is one of the best Bengal supporters i Know. He did get on the board and hopefully still is?

Hey ISU, way to try to drive a die hard Bengal fan away. Could things have changed since then? I hope to hell they have.

That is why they need new blood and new ideas up there. There are some great great individuals that really care about where the program is heading and will think outside the box and then there are others that want to do it the same way and want just a few select people in their club and they don't want anyone else in and when I left i told them that they needed to break down the barriers between them and the community and then I jogged their memory about the "It's all about Family" slogan. This community needs them but the most important thing is they need this community. I am not downing the Admin. or the foundation. It is the blood line between the community and the Sports program. There are many things we can do to help this program. We just all need to work together and all be on the same page.

Sorry i went off on this but the last few weeks I have come across some real crappy customer service and i don't think boise bengal or anyone for that matter should be ignored. I am calling it how i see it.

Check your pm box boisebengal.

isusid said:
Are you referring to meetings or luncheons? No one has emailed me a question LOL!

ISUSID

Frank, rather than laugh that nobdy has emailed you a question, why don't you just provide the information that is needed? Or better yet, provide the email address and/or phone number of the person whom BoiseBengal and the rest of us can contact.

With all due respect, Frank, and I'm not trying to antagonize, but your response is exactly the type of communication problem many of us are running into.

Roar, thanks for that post. While a little disturbing, it is very informative, and I appreciate the hard work you gave.

Roar, thanks for the info! But I'll check my message in a few days. This computer is full of worms, viruses, trojan horses, etc. and will be in the shop for a couple days. I'll get with you later on this subject matter! I appreciate your support and all you've done for ISU!!

I can't answer the question if I don't know it! Ask me a specific question and I'll give a specific answer. As for needing phone numbers and email addressed, they are all laid out here....

http://isubengals.cstv.com/staffdir/idsu-staffdir.html

Donna handles the Bengal Foundation.

I know I'm not the problem because everyone here knows how accessible I am ....

EDIT: I suppose I could always be a problem...what I meant is that I'm open to bringing ideas to the table, and I like to think I'm sort of a link between the fans and the administration. I am pretty accessible though...email is [email protected], and I'm on facebook as well.

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back