• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengal Men Last in Media Poll, 10th in Coaches Poll

Skippy

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/10/17/MBB_1017135834.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My optimism is somewhat tempered by the fact that Slavik and Wilson may have to both redshirt this year because of amateurism issues. (Both are foreign students and that always trips the NCAA's eligibility buttons). If they don't play this year, and of course Marcus Bradley didn't get into school first semester, ISU would be down to 10 scholarship players this season.

They can still have an improved season under those circumstances, but everybody better stay healthy.

Just when I thought we were starting to arrive, we're discovering we haven't even left yet? How many "long years" can we continue to endure, especially before it even begins? Are any of our coaches redshirting this year?

I'm not giving up on the year, Bill. I think we have three pretty good players coming back in Hansen, Sanchez and Hatchett, and I'm hopeful some of the younger players will start to develop as he season goes on. But it would be disappointing to lose three of your 13 scholarship players before the season even starts. We'll see how it all develops.

Skippy:

Asked Bill your question tonight on the coaches show. Bill said both of the foreign national players in question will be redshirted this year. Wilson will have one year eligibility remaining, Slavik will have three years left.

He's also redshirting Nnamdi Ezenwa.

If I understood him correctly, Bill said the two overseas guys played in unauthorized tournaments and it's costing them each a year of eligibility. Said he was told they could appeal but the odds are very slim of getting a ruling in their favor.

By my count that leaves them with 10 eligible players....so the new rules could have an impact with them.

PBP

PBP said:
Skippy:

Asked Bill your question tonight on the coaches show. Bill said both of the foreign national players in question will be redshirted this year. Wilson will have one year eligibility remaining, Slavik will have three years left.

He's also redshirting Nnamdi Ezenwa.

If I understood him correctly, Bill said the two overseas guys played in unauthorized tournaments and it's costing them each a year of eligibility. Said he was told they could appeal but the odds are very slim of getting a ruling in their favor.

By my count that leaves them with 10 eligible players....so the new rules could have an impact with them.

PBP

I wonder if it is like what happened to Mohamed Fall from MSU a couple years ago... played what he thought what his junior year, then it was decided a couple showcase games he played in counted as a year of eligiblity (total BS from the NCAA), and he lost a year, ending his MSU career. If it's something as silly as that, that would be a shame.

Especially stinks to lose Slavik, he looked like he could really help right away. The loss of him and Bradley is a big blow... it seemed like at least one of them would start. They need Ajak Magot to be ready to play right away.

Any idea why Ezenwa would redshirt? Odd that a senior would anyway, but especially with all of these happenings.

?ery unfortunate. Looks like Preh and Magot at the 5 and Solarin and Hatchett at the 4 -- and hope everybody stays healthy. Also very curious that Namdi would redshirt given the lack of depth.

Latest posts

Back