• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals 3-3 after win today...

Now that was a fun game to watch. Actually, I 've liked watching the continuing development of the offensive line. Today, we started two Freshmen, two Sophomores, and one Junior on the line. Moving Phillips to right tackle, and starting another Freshman, Vazorca, at left Guard looked like an effective move. I see good progress being made in a lot of areas. I've sat through a lot of final horns and today's was much better since we led from beginning to end. Good job, Bengals. Now let's go after a road win in Flagstaff! Go Bengals!

Attendance was listed at just 4,574 -- very poor crowd. I don't know where everyone was, maybe they were out deer hunting.

I was also impressed by the O-Line. Complete domination.

And I love X's running style. He just refuses to go down.

Any word on the injuries. I think I heard on the post-game that they may try to reshirt Tyler Wright. Did I hear that right. We really need him. Amazing hands.

What about Gremaud and Manu on defense. Will they be back soon? What has happened to the D-back transfer from Washington State. He was dressed but didn't play.

First time ISU has rushed for 100+ yards by a single back against a D-I opponent since Clint Knickrhum did it against Portland State in 2009.

Breaks 17 game conference losing streak.

First time since 2005, ISU is 3-3 after six games.

That's all I got. They have a shot for four maybe even five wins. That would certainly be measurable progress for the program.

PBP

I enjoyed the win. I guess that the two wins over Western State and Dixie State did not impress me much so I would say that the team is 1-2 in Big Sky play. If they would had played a third bad D2 game instead of Washington they would be 4-2. Overall records don't mean much.

I see some progress from the team, particularly on the offensive line but the team has a long way to go before they can compete with even a mid-level Big Sky program and they have to prove that they can beat a low level Big Sky team like Weber State on the road. I hope that the team can pull out another Big Sky win or two. But I think that the only record that I care about is 1-2 (I also don't care that they lost to Washington). I also hope that the team makes me eat crow and they do beat a mid-level Big Sky team.

PBP said:
First time ISU has rushed for 100+ yards by a single back against a D-I opponent since Clint Knickrhum did it against Portland State in 2009.

Breaks 17 game conference losing streak.

First time since 2005, ISU is 3-3 after six games.

That's all I got. They have a shot for four maybe even five wins. That would certainly be measurable progress for the program.

PBP

That was my last Idaho State football game! The Knickrehm thing was awesome because that was the Jerry Glanville 21 men on the field penalty (literally). We got the ball back and Clint had 99 yards and a long pass to JD Ponciano should have been ruled a TD but the official said he was out at the 1-inch line. Clint dove over for his 100th yard (fumbling actually but he was ruled to have crossed the gaol line, and it was awfully close). That's how he got his 100th yard. That was a fun game...Glanville's last at PSU as well...didn't think it was my last one either LOL.

Former ISUSID

Latest posts

Back