• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals Going Back to Provo in 2015

Skippy

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2014/7/30/FB_0730145303.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....just curious....why do we not try to schedule someone like ...U of Wyoming.....Colorado State....New Mexico State ....U of New Mexico....even U.N.L.V...(might get a few Bengal fans to go there)....guess my thought is ...someone who is on the "lower rung" of the Big Boys?.....so we might be able to hang with them a little longer...or even let ISU fans dream of an upset.....anyone have any thoughts on this?.... :coffee:

It's Jeff Tingey that schedules these non-conference games. And I talked with him about this several months ago, and he said that he'll always try to have a team like BSU, Utah, BYU or USU on the schedule because these schools aren't far from Poky and a lot of fans may be interested in traveling to these games. I would think that transportation costs would have something to do with this as well. Also, I asked him about scheduling an occasional Pac-12 team, and he said that he would be interested in continuing to do this as well, but he wouldn't be interested in playing the Oregon Ducks because they're too fast. And we could get quickly blown off the field by their up tempo offense. I didn't ask him about USC or Stanford, though.

clawsout said:
....just curious....why do we not try to schedule someone like ...U of Wyoming.....Colorado State....New Mexico State ....U of New Mexico....even U.N.L.V...(might get a few Bengal fans to go there)....guess my thought is ...someone who is on the "lower rung" of the Big Boys?.....so we might be able to hang with them a little longer...or even let ISU fans dream of an upset.....anyone have any thoughts on this?.... :coffee:

While I agree that would make more competitive games, these teams would not pay out as much. Games against FBS teams are all about the money.

Just left from drooping off my son who's a fr football player. Really like the school and the city. A little disappointed in the community support. Did not see any flags at home or many bumper stickers on cars or gear in the local stores. Hope 2014 will bring the roar back and paint the city orange.

Eric hollowell said:
Just left from drooping off my son who's a fr football player. Really like the school and the city. A little disappointed in the community support. Did not see any flags at home or many bumper stickers on cars or gear in the local stores. Hope 2014 will bring the roar back and paint the city orange.

Glad that your son picked ISU. The local support is getting there and with some more wins it will be even better. :thumb:

The fall semester is still 3 weeks away, and Poky is pretty laid back. Give it another 2 weeks, and you'll start to see many of the store signs and windows supporting ISU. The Welcome Back Orange and Black celebration seems to get bigger and better every year, so here's hoping this year's is another great kick-off for a great school year.

http://www.isu.edu/alumni/orange_black.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eric hollowell said:

I'm assuming the Gate City Rotary will sponsor the ISU flags during home games again this year..?

isurotaryflagmove_zps07d49c5f.gif

Latest posts

Back