• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals vs. Vikings

The Bengal defense will get a heavy dose of ground attack this weekend against the Portland State Vikings. They will present a tough challenge, as they defeated NAU 31-29 a couple of weeks ago. However, if we can get our offense back on track and take the pressure off the defense, I believe the "D" will duplicate another stingy effort. Let's use this thread to bounce keys to winning this week against the Vikings. I think the key to the remainder or second half of the season will hinge on our performance against Portland State.....after this week, we have Montana, Weber State, BYU.....and so on and so on.....it doesn't get any easier, so to speak.

Simple,

1.) The defense stepped up and slowed the NAU run game in the second half. Not so worried about them, I think they'll be fine against Vikings. Props to players and coaches for second half adjustments!

2.) Run the ball enough to keep Vikings defense honest and back on their heels,thereby at least questioning where the ball is going. If the deeper passes aren't open the Yost needs to hit the outlet passes quickly and eat the Vikings up 5 yards at a time. Draw them in and then burn'em deep!

The rushing stats tell me that the few times we actually do run the rock were darn productive.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Jarrod Daniels 3 9 70 5 65 7.2 0 28 21.7
Jahmel Rover 2 9 53 2 51 5.7 3 32 25.5

I would go with that same outlook.. We got to run a bit more. The game against NAU I thought we would have ran a bit more. I know running is not our cup of tea but we got to throw the defense off. I believe they will make adjustments.

Has anyone heard the availability of Portland State RB Corey McCaffrey for the game this weekend? He was out versus TCU last week. This guy is their team, so to speak....he is All-Conference and averaging a lot of yards per game. It is what it is I suppose, but curious if his knee injury is severe or not.

EyeOfTheTiger91 said:
Has anyone heard the availability of Portland State RB Corey McCaffrey for the game this weekend? He was out versus TCU last week. This guy is their team, so to speak....he is All-Conference and averaging a lot of yards per game. It is what it is I suppose, but curious if his knee injury is severe or not.

I'm sure McCaffrey will play. He was pretty much resting rather than injured against TCU so that he wouldn't take any hits and would be ready for Big Sky play.

mporter said:
EyeOfTheTiger91 said:

I'm sure McCaffrey will play. He was pretty much resting rather than injured against TCU so that he wouldn't take any hits and would be ready for Big Sky play.

That's my take on it as well...McCaffrey is expected to be going full tilt!

Game day! Lets get a win Bengals! I heard the tailgating is gonna be fabulous. I see a familiar #10 in the depth chart also. Good to see

Latest posts

Back