• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Big Sky MBB All-Conference Team

Where is Sanchez?

8th in the league in scoring
3rd in the league in assists
4th in the league in free throw percentage
2nd in the league in steals

coastal bengal said:
Where is Sanchez?

8th in the league in scoring
3rd in the league in assists
4th in the league in free throw percentage
2nd in the league in steals
Who would you take off the list to make room for him?

:clap: They are a bit out of control already, but they can't give HM to every starter on every team. There's got to be a limit. So, assuming this list is the limit, who gets bumped?

Guess you are right. Wouldn't look good to put too many players from the same team on the list. Then we'd look too much like Weber with Tresnak, Berry and Bolomboy on the list.

I was very disappointed that Chris was the only Bengal honored, but the reality is that coaches vote on these post-season awards, and the bottom-line is that in the Big Sky the coaches reward winning. I daresay that if ISU had qualified for the post-season tourney that Tomas, and even possibly Jeff Solarin or Andre might have been recognized. Finishing out-of-the tourney hurt is in All-Conference recognition.

We all like to think that there is some fair and balanced way these things are determined, but to reflect back to the 90's, I'm reminded of Jared Allen's senior year at ISU. Big Sky coaches voted Montana State linebacker Kory Ioane as Defensive Player of the Year instead of Allen, who totally owned almost every QB we played against. I don't know if it was because other coaches didn't like Larry Lewis, or what, but they passed over Jared, who just weeks later won the Buck Buchanan Award as the best defensive player in the entire nation. In my mind it was embarrassing to the Big Sky that they ignore the guy who eventually was named as the best in the country! :rofl: At the time (even though I wasn't announcing football then), I wrote an email to every other coach in the conference (except coach Kramer, who was the head coach at Montana State at the time) and pointed out how silly they looked. I actually had a couple of coaches respond positively to my email. In the long run...I think it became obvious that Jared proved his talent and worth, without the Big Sky honor.

votb said:
We all like to think that there is some fair and balanced way these things are determined, but to reflect back to the 90's, I'm reminded of Jared Allen's senior year at ISU. Big Sky coaches voted Montana State linebacker Kory Ioane as Defensive Player of the Year instead of Allen, who totally owned almost every QB we played against. I don't know if it was because other coaches didn't like Larry Lewis, or what, but they passed over Jared, who just weeks later won the Buck Buchanan Award as the best defensive player in the entire nation. In my mind it was embarrassing to the Big Sky that they ignore the guy who eventually was named as the best in the country! :rofl: At the time (even though I wasn't announcing football then), I wrote an email to every other coach in the conference (except coach Kramer, who was the head coach at Montana State at the time) and pointed out how silly they looked. I actually had a couple of coaches respond positively to my email. In the long run...I think it became obvious that Jared proved his talent and worth, without the Big Sky honor.

That was actually 2003. My guess is that Allen didn't get POTY because Idaho State ranked dead last in the league in most every defensive stat. That was a bit strange since the Bengals led the Big Sky in total D the year before, ended up last in 2003, but still had roughly the same overall record (8-4 vs. 8-3). :?

http://bigskyconf.com/custompages/football/2003/html/confldrs.htm

Latest posts

Back