• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

BigSky Week 2 thoughts?

luckyintheorder

there are a few good games this weekend.

Montana @ North Dakota -- Griz are going to lose this one if the offense doesn't show up. ND looked good last week.

Idaho @ Wyoming -- With Idaho missing their starting QB to injury not sure what to expect. Wyoming got stomped last week. I lean Vandals because their coach has shown he knows how to win and he will build off the solid effort against Oregon last week.

Maine @ Montana State -- Kats stomp Black Bears this week. Yes, I still dislike their idjit fanbase.

Portland @ Weber -- Assume Weber wins, although I haven't seen them yet. Portland has some offensive firepower and should be better this week after giving up 70 to Wazzu.

Less interesting games:
Texas AM Commerce @ UC Davis -- Don't care.

Cal Poly @ Stanford -- Troy Taylor gets his first home win in 2nd season at Stanford for those who still think he matters.

Fresno beats Sac St. Arizona romps NAU. Colo St smokes No. Colo. Bengals beats W. Oregon

Last edited:
Montana @ North Dakota - This is almost a toss up, but I will lean toward North Dakota. Even though Montana travels well, its still a road game in a stupid Dakota dome! Yes, its a better facility then what we have in Cheney, but still, it's a dome. North Dakota defense was impressive in the 21-3 loss to Iowa State. Their offense moved the ball on the ground but couldn't keep their drives going and Montana was pretty stout on the ground. This will be low scoring game with North Dakota barely hanging on.

Idaho @ Wyoming - Thankfully Oregon was hungover last week and Idaho made them pay for underestimating the power of a potato. Even though Idaho gave up almost 500 yds, I wouldn't expect Wyoming to have even close to that type success. Wyoming doesn't have the offense for it. Idaho's starting QB is out, but based on last week, Idaho won't need to pass the ball to win this game. They keep the ball on the ground to control TOP. BigSky's best defense line will control Wyoming's Offense. Idaho wins in a "watch the paint dry" low scoring game.

Maine @ MSU - Bobcats rushing game is just unstoppable unless you're NDSU or SDSU who have defenses built for this. Maine's offense last week could not run the football and they will need to rely on their passing game, which will not be enough. MSU by 17 in this one.

Portland @ Webs - Another toss up. This will be interesting. PSU has no defense and Webs has no offense. One wears green and the other purple. I feel Webs controls the TOP and squeaks out a close one.
Texas AM Com @ UC Davis - The Lions appear to have kept the game close until the second half where SDSU ran away with it. Their offense and defense does not look impressive. UC Davis was in a dog fight with Cal through the first half. Tossing 3 picks and allowing a kickoff to be housed was to much to pull out the W. UC Davis wins by a 21, as long as they clean some things up.

Cal Poly @ Stanford -Will Cal Poly even have a football team after this season? Just kidding, but they're not getting any better. You can wrap up the Mustangs and put them under the Stanford Tree for an early Christmas present. Stanford wins big.

Sac @ Fresno - Fresno State put up a hell of a fight at Michigan. They were driving late before a pick 6. Sac had 3 point edge starting the 4th quarter over San Jose State before the wheels fell off. Sacs run defense looks strong and Freson St running was no where to be found. Freson St D looked impressive and will be too much for Sac. Fresno wins by 17.

NAU @ Arizona - Will Arizona put up 70? They almost got there against New Mexico. Arizona by 6 decades.

No Colorado @ Colorado St - not much needed on this one. Colorado St wins big.

W Oregon @ Idaho St - Do the Bengals surprise some teams this year? Not sure. Their rushing defense looked a lot like EWU's normal Swiss cheese defense last week. I would say ISU by 3 scores, but not sure if they can stop the run yet.

Montana @ North Dakota - This is almost a toss up, but I will lean toward North Dakota. Even though Montana travels well, its still a road game in a stupid Dakota dome! Yes, its a better facility then what we have in Cheney, but still, it's a dome. North Dakota defense was impressive in the 21-3 loss to Iowa State. Their offense moved the ball on the ground but couldn't keep their drives going and Montana was pretty stout on the ground. This will be low scoring game with North Dakota barely hanging on.

Idaho @ Wyoming - Thankfully Oregon was hungover last week and Idaho made them pay for underestimating the power of a potato. Even though Idaho gave up almost 500 yds, I wouldn't expect Wyoming to have even close to that type success. Wyoming doesn't have the offense for it. Idaho's starting QB is out, but based on last week, Idaho won't need to pass the ball to win this game. They keep the ball on the ground to control TOP. BigSky's best defense line will control Wyoming's Offense. Idaho wins in a "watch the paint dry" low scoring game.

Maine @ MSU - Bobcats rushing game is just unstoppable unless you're NDSU or SDSU who have defenses built for this. Maine's offense last week could not run the football and they will need to rely on their passing game, which will not be enough. MSU by 17 in this one.

Portland @ Webs - Another toss up. This will be interesting. PSU has no defense and Webs has no offense. One wears green and the other purple. I feel Webs controls the TOP and squeaks out a close one.
Texas AM Com @ UC Davis - The Lions appear to have kept the game close until the second half where SDSU ran away with it. Their offense and defense does not look impressive. UC Davis was in a dog fight with Cal through the first half. Tossing 3 picks and allowing a kickoff to be housed was to much to pull out the W. UC Davis wins by a 21, as long as they clean some things up.

Cal Poly @ Stanford -Will Cal Poly even have a football team after this season? Just kidding, but they're not getting any better. You can wrap up the Mustangs and put them under the Stanford Tree for an early Christmas present. Stanford wins big.

Sac @ Fresno - Fresno State put up a hell of a fight at Michigan. They were driving late before a pick 6. Sac had 3 point edge starting the 4th quarter over San Jose State before the wheels fell off. Sacs run defense looks strong and Freson St running was no where to be found. Freson St D looked impressive and will be too much for Sac. Fresno wins by 17.

NAU @ Arizona - Will Arizona put up 70? They almost got there against New Mexico. Arizona by 6 decades.

No Colorado @ Colorado St - not much needed on this one. Colorado St wins big.

W Oregon @ Idaho St - Do the Bengals surprise some teams this year? Not sure. Their rushing defense looked a lot like EWU's normal Swiss cheese defense last week. I would say ISU by 3 scores, but not sure if they can stop the run yet.
Should have parley'd this week aside from the Eags, nailed it. ;-)

Latest posts

Back