• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Bunky Harkleroad Must Go!

Can someone please explain to me why Bunky Harkleroad hasn't been fired yet? A 49-point loss to UC Davis and now a 30-point loss to Idaho State leads me to believe that he needs to be thrown out PRONTO! The Hornets' women's team needs to go in another direction since "The System" is proving to be a disaster. :thumbdown: If Mr. Harkleroad is back next year, I expect things to get worse. :rofl: I think he would be better suited coaching a junior high school team than a Division I program. :dunce: Even Slamson (the Kings mascot) would be an upgrade over Mr. Harkleroad. :x In any event, as much as I hate to say this, I hope Sac State get's a new women's hoop coach sooner than later since things won't improve as long as Mr. Harkleroad and "The System" remain in place. :twisted:

How about Katz too!

So tired of 8-20 seasons.

Granted they have laughable facilities, but seriously I think we have seen all these guys can do.

You're right about Brian Katz. I don't think he'll be the men's coach long term. The only thing I wonder about with him is whether Mark Orr will pull the plug before Mr. Katz decides to leave on his own. I mentioned in a post during football season that the Hornets athletic program is at a crossroads and a lot of tough decisions will have to be made. While I share in Mr. Orr's plan to increase the sports program's viability, I feel he has to put a lot of pressure on so many people (on campus, the alumni, donors, the media and the Sacramento community in general) to get them to care about Sac State sports. Now that Troy Taylor has taken the helm with the football team, I'm waiting to see if the basketball teams get shaken up.

I've heard Bunky has 2 years left on his contract. I watched a fair amount of women's games this year. Everyone returns for the women and if this roster can find some depth, this team should do well next season. Expectations should be very high. I also liked the change in pace from the wild shoot up as many shots as possible in as little time as possible from previous years.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Katz has more than one more year on his contract. I'm not sure what metrics Orr will use to decide what to do, but I don't think we'll see anything different from what we have already seen from the program under Katz. Meh...

Green Cookie Monster said:
How about Katz too!

So tired of 8-20 seasons.

Granted they have laughable facilities, but seriously I think we have seen all these guys can do.

You are tired of 8-20 seasons? 8 of the last 9 years there was a record better than that.

There is going to be a lot of movement on the Men's side this offseason, I expect changes at Idaho State, Northern Arizona, Montana, and Montana State. I think DeCuire is the guy at Washington State, he's from Seattle proved he can coach/recruit has Pac 12 ties also.

Katz and Verlin have a year left on their contract as far as I know so those are a mystery.

Latest posts

Back