• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts, upgrade to remove ads and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your BigSkyFans.com experience today!

@Cal Poly

Question: At the end, was it roughing the passer or no? I felt that since he led with his helmet and hit Dahle high that that was why the ref called roughing (helmet to helmet contact). However, as a former defensive player, it is expected of us to play that way. Go after the QB and put hit on him. Affects the game, which that play did. He had, I believe, Young wide open and the throw was 5 yards short. Personally, I think that play could have had the hankie left in the pocket. However, there were a ton of defensive holding that weren't called. SO...the refs give and take. It is part of the game. What are your opinions?
 
Well, biased here, but I he appeared to be holding the ball until the last second, so I don't think that's roughing the passer. If he lead with the helmet, wouldn't the appropriate call be targeting?
 
Well, biased here, but I he appeared to be holding the ball until the last second, so I don't think that's roughing the passer. If he lead with the helmet, wouldn't the appropriate call be targeting?
I thought the same thing. He was definitely not late. He did make forceable contact to the head and neck area but I’m not 100% certain a QB in that situation is considered a defenseless player.
It’s tough on defenders and officials have to juggle player safety vs laws of physics. No way that defender could have stopped because Dahle held the ball too long. I think they err on player safety which is understandable. For the game to survive the hard bone crushing hits have to be reduced.
 
Seriously? Broken ribs, crack back block. Blown knee, pulling guard nailed my knee with his helmet. It’s called FOOTBALL. Before I got recruited, I knocked a QB out of the game. We went on a recruiting trip together two weeks later. We’re best of friends to this day. I don’t care what anybody thinks or says: football is violence. Controlled violence but violence nonetheless. I required violence, at that age, and football is/was for young men like me, at that time. Now it’s for ballet dancers. If I want to see a ballet, I’ll go to Europe. Dress up, have a fine meal then watch dudes in tights jump around. I hate ballet football. And I hate seeing people advocating for it. Go to Europe. But keep football FOOTBALL. Rant over. Man did I need that!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top