• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Chad Hansen...

Chad will have to sit out this season due to NCAA transfer rules. I have to think Chad was offered a full scholarship by Cal. Chad must be a FBS type of player otherwise he would have not left ISU. Cal must think Chad is a FBS type of player.

Many players leave school thinking they have the skills to play at a higher level. Who knows, maybe he does? However, he could not have talked to Cal prior to being granted a release by Idaho State. I highly doubt that he received a full scholarship to Cal...you rarely see kids move up that do. More than likely he is walking on the program with the OPPORTUNITY to earn a scholarship.

Anyone remember Garrett Swanson to Marquette? How'd that turn out?

I was sorry to see Chad go, but I will say this: regardless how his football career turns out, he's at one of the most difficult public universities in the country to get into. So he should get a great education. And if he plays at that level, more power to him.

I thought that Chad played this past season as a true freshman. If so then he'll just use his redshirt year to transfer and then he'll be a redshirt sophomore at Cal during the 2015 season. I hope he does well at Cal.

You are probably right about Chad going to Cal as a walk on in hope that he has the opportunity to earn a scholarship in 2015. I personally thought he would return home to play for a JUCO and than try to get picked up by a FBS school on full scholarship where he could burn his redshirt going into his junior year. I was surprised to see him on the Cal Roster going into the 2014 season. I guess Chad is forced to burn his redshirt in 2014 as he is unable to play this season due to NCAA transfer rules.

Latest posts

Back