• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Chat Live - Northern Arizona Game

up for the challenge said:
NAU bringing in their second team in the 4th Qtr. NAU is trying to develop their second team as they just threw a bomb for another TD. Now 52 - 0 with 10 minutes to go.

Is there a reason to leave Gueller in the game?

Hey.. where did everybody go after half time. Where are all the die hards? I will be watching the game until the end.

I watched all the way to the end right along with ya UFTC! Just not a lot to type on here after halftime

biobengal said:
Let's talk about the if Kramer can't do it nobody can assumption. Skippy has said it, others have too, but is that really the case? Is this team really that much worse than NAU? NAU is not Colorado! Kramer seelms to be mailing it in...
I think Cub made a good point in an earlier thread today when he talked about the lack of continuity among assistant coaches. There will always be turnover among staffs at this level, because it's really entry level. ISU had one big advantage early in the Kramer era with Don Bailey as a veteran OC. When he left, the merry go round really accelerated. If the ISU program had an identity, it was Bailey's hurry-up, no huddle spread. I wasn't a big fan, I will admit, but Bailey knew what he wanted to run and he was a good quarterback teacher. When he left, a lot of that went away.

Defensively, well ISU hasn't really been very good since about 2002. The 2014 team had some playmakers and lived on an unsustainable turnover ratio, but they were a marginal defensive team overall. Recruiting on the defensive side of the ball just has not produced. That's clear when you give up 97 points in two games.

And special teams? Oh my....

This is a young team, I will give you that, and football is such an emotional game that blowouts are not uncommon once the momentum starts going downhill. So I'm not giving up on this season or the program. But I'm seeing regression rather than progression as the season goes on. At some point ISU needs to regain some stability in both its assistant coaching staff, and in its identity.

Skippy said:
biobengal said:
Let's talk about the if Kramer can't do it nobody can assumption. Skippy has said it, others have too, but is that really the case? Is this team really that much worse than NAU? NAU is not Colorado! Kramer seelms to be mailing it in...
I think Cub made a good point in an earlier thread today when he talked about the lack of continuity among assistant coaches. There will always be turnover among staffs at this level, because it's really entry level. ISU had one big advantage early in the Kramer era with Don Bailey as a veteran OC. When he left, the merry go round really accelerated. If the ISU program had an identity, it was Bailey's hurry-up, no huddle spread. I wasn't a big fan, I will admit, but Bailey knew what he wanted to run and he was a good quarterback teacher. When he left, a lot of that went away.

Defensively, well ISU hasn't really been very good since about 2002. The 2014 team had some playmakers and lived on an unsustainable turnover ratio, but they were a marginal defensive team overall. Recruiting on the defensive side of the ball just has not produced. That's clear when you give up 97 points in two games.

And special teams? Oh my....

This is a young team, I will give you that, and football is such an emotional game that blowouts are not uncommon once the momentum starts going downhill. So I'm not giving up on this season or the program. But I'm seeing regression rather than progression as the season goes on. At some point ISU needs to regain some stability in both its assistant coaching staff, and in its identity.

We have to remember that we were not expected to win too many games per the media and coaches polls in the Big Sky. We have a tough schedule.

I watched most of the game until it was 48 -0. Glad to see we scored. I do not like our offense at all. Way TOOOOOOOO MUCH PASSING. Let's take it one week at a time. There is something mentally wrong with this team because it should have been 7=0 at halftime. Seems like our offense gave the game away. Gueller does have talent, but as some have said he has a fatal problem so far of turning the ball over. But he did make some nice plays the first half and one long TD at the end. I enjoyed the defense against the run. They played well. At times we really were handling NAU, but our pass defense was REALLY BAD. I could not believe how bad our corner backs were today. I won't say much more accept I hope we have another good freshmen recruiting class next year, but if things don't change fast that might be hard to do.

Reborn2010 said:
I watched most of the game until it was 48 -0. Glad to see we scored. I do not like our offense at all. Way TOOOOOOOO MUCH PASSING. Let's take it one week at a time. There is something mentally wrong with this team because it should have been 7=0 at halftime. Seems like our offense gave the game away. Gueller does have talent, but as some have said he has a fatal problem so far of turning the ball over. But he did make some nice plays the first half and one long TD at the end. I enjoyed the defense against the run. They played well. At times we really were handling NAU, but our pass defense was REALLY BAD. I could not believe how bad our corner backs were today. I won't say much more accept I hope we have another good freshmen recruiting class next year, but if things don't change fast that might be hard to do.

The offense is not going to get much better. What you see is what you get.

Latest posts

Back