• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coach's Show Monday Night

votb

I know this is "boilerplate" stuff...nonetheless...

How to submit questions for the Coach's Show Monday night

-You can put them in this thread and I'll use them Monday night
-You can e-mail them to me at: [email protected]
-you can call the show and ask yourself 208-233-5734 (local calls), or 1-800-726-5734 (toll free)
Please include your first name and where you live. It's helpful to be able to say "John in Shelley has this question"...or something like that. However, you don't have to include first name...but as in letters to the editor in newspapers...preference goes to those who provide some identification. Hard questions are not discouraged, but we will not be using questions that bear any semblance to "personal attacks".

Besides being on KSEI (AM930) and KRXK (AM1230 in Rexburg), please note that you can listen to the show online through Stretch Internet through the http://www.isubengals.com site (courtesy of Dr. Michael Sutton at Cedar Hills Family Dentistry in Pocatello) , but if you listen online and decide to call the show, the audio you hear on your PC is substantially delayed (20 secs or more), so there can be problems trying to talk on phone and listen to radio. You can call and give your question to the engineer, who can pass it along.

I still love how much you all love ISU and want the program to get better. Hang in there!
votb

Private messageE-mail votb

i want to hear russ talk about his favorite game or experience or play during his time at timberline high. you know the good 'ol days.

John from Blackfoot.

1. What is the status of the student-athletes who made academic appeals to be eligible for fall?

I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but I got the impression that at least one or two of them could've been impact players on the DEF side of the ball.

2. Why haven't the tight ends been more involved in the OFF?

(only 8 catches total by TE through 6 games).

3. I understand and appreciate that you play football for 4 quarters. However, the 2Q has been rather unkind for ISU, getting outscored 102-17. What emphasis, if any, will there be during the weekly preparation v. UNC to keep the game close (or in ISU's favor) going into half?

4. I anticipate ISU getting more Red Zone opportunities this week v. UNC. ISU is only 3 for 11 (27%) in scoring TDs in the Red zone. What do you attribute to ISU's OFF difficulties in the Red Zone, and what can be done to be more efficient?

Bart from Idaho Falls

All of the problems with the team are being dropped on the players and coaches which I think is unfair. What help do you need from the administration to help turn this ship around? recruiting budget, facilities, salary for assistants etc.

We had a good show tonight because we had some good questions from both this page and e-mails...thanks.

bengalcub said:
Summary please for those of us that just got home from work...

Gosh Cub...I wish I could give you a summary, but it was an hour-long and we talked about a bunch of stuff. I know the show isn't archived on Stretch yet(8pm MST). I used all the questions we had posted here...and some that were e-mailed to me. The coaches and players (including Russ) had seen film and were ready to dissect some of Saturday's game and describe what went wrong, and what was good. Def. player of the game was Demetrius Amos...having by far his best year...about 20 pounds lighter than he was last year and disrupting things at the line. Off. player of the game was J-D Ponciano for over 200 total yards...and special teams Player of the Game was Michael Wright for some quality coverage on kicks throughout the game.

Russ was honest about how tough it is to compete for the starting QB job...it was a frank conversation, which included his reluctant admissions of how he screwed up on the picks, but he says the thumb didn't bother his throwing as much as the sweaty glove he was wearing did (still related to the thumb, though). We did not ask John who the starting QB would be, but Russ talked like it would be him...and we didn't ask about Kyle's medical clearance (just for holds this last game).

For the rest of the show we handled the listener's questions about recruiting, tight ends involvement in offense, Kelvin Miller still waiting on word from the NCAA about his appeal, scoring in red zone (we were 3-4 against Sacramento State). The conversation about budget was interesting...as no one at ISU knows where they stand financially right now because the school decided to shift over to a new accounting system...telling us all it would be sometime in the spring before we would even be able to see how we're doing with our budgets. New field turf should cost between $600k and $800k.

The rest can be gleaned from the archive when it's posted.

Votb, you and Brad do a great job with the show. When I'm able to catch it online, I find it both informative and entertaining. Nice job.

P.S. I hope neither of you have fleas! :lol:

Nice of you to say SLC...it's appreciated. We love doing what we do. For the rest of you...here's a couple of photos I took outside out hotel in Hayward, CA Sunday morning as we came out to load the buses and head for the Oakland Airport...you don't want to find this parked outside your hotel!

7018_511626055523_40202488_30394015_2438645_n.jpg

7018_511626060513_40202488_30394016_6908637_n.jpg

Note that they're part of a photo journal I kept on the trip to Sacramento...found on my Facebook page.

Latest posts

Back