• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

commentary

protege

on most message boards I frequent there are great insights, opinion and commentary. I have always preferred the feedback from folks who are actually at the games as opposed to the local beat writer, who usually knows nothing of what they speak!

one reason I enjoyed RR, anyone else actually take time out of their day to make a practice, or scrimmage and update us?

I think it is very weird that a D1 SID would be posting on a public message board, he says its to grow the base, but that makes no sense, why do it here, he also commented on a posters thread, that seems very weird, I think this goes back to the Athletic Department and its personnel being lost.

the commitment to sports is weak at best, please someone that KNOWS the game begin posting again! if the SID or a COACH is reading this shit and allowing it to concern them, this school is in DEEP trouble

this is GREAT - more honest info than anyone has put up yet!

http://isubengalblog.blogspot.com/

now all we need is a post game person and pregame person, RR forget the jokers and bring us some insight!

"On to the men. You know what I love about Joe O'Brien? Picking up a technical foul in an exhibition game. The man competes. Now, after exhibition wins over Montana Tech and Rocky Mountain College, things get serious, and Coach OB is all about wins. He knows that if the Bengals play as sloppy against Eastern Oregon this Friday as they did in the first half against Rocky Mountain College, they are setting themselves up for an L. O'Brien started "coaching to win" in the second half Friday night, when you started to see a real core lineup emerge. This week against EOU, I would expect a further refining of the troops.

I think it's safe to say the Sherrod Baldwin experiment is over, at least for now. Oh, I certainly am not about to write off the young freshman from Memphis -- he will be a contributor, hopefully before the end of this season. But you can't play two games without an assist and call yourself a serious candidate for the starting point guard position. Bay, playing with an ab injury and flack jacket, certainly demonstrated what he can mean to this Bengal team against Rocky Mountain. I expect to see he, Morgan and Stucki taking turns initiating the ISU offense for much of this year.

--Will Austin Kilpatrick and Felix Caspari be part of the "game day" rotation? We shall see. O'Brien said A-K has served sufficient time in the doghouse, but how will he fit into the rotation? I haven't heard as of Monday afternoon whether Caspari has passed the NCAA Clearinghouse yet. One thing is clear -- if both are able to play, whether it's this week or sometime soon, minutes are going to become a precious commodity on this team. Particularly at the wing positions. By my count, you have six guys who are serious contenders for playing time on the wings--Kal Bay, Kilpatrick, Matt Stucki, Amorrow Morgan, Donnie Carson and Phyllip Taylor. (And Mike Lacey was pondering whether to redshirt????) Now, somebody is going to have to play the nominal "point guard," and if Sherrod Baldwin is not the immediate answer, that will open up minutes for one of the wings. Still, that's a lot of talent to share a maximum of 120 minutes a game."

Good Stuff!

let me get this right, you have 1 newspaper writer and ZERO real BBALL contributors and when I ask where they are because I actually would like to READ something about our FRICKIN MENS BBALL team you label me a troll - what a joke, no wonder we are scoffed at around EVERY league!

folks like you, incapable of an original thought!

yes protege, welcome to the name calling "boosters" that call themselves ISU fans! You have the SID, radio announcer, and tingey responding to posters like us trying to defend a university that is sinking like the titanic . I am with you, I read alot of other boards and you don't see ADMINISTRATION directly involved in message boards. I heard they are all on here because Vailas reads all this so they get on to try to put out fires. Wake up Arty, you asked for it you got it! And votb [ ISU employee, announcer] is just trying to defend all of "his people" anybody who grew up in Poky knows what I mean by that! It's a joke, but hey 1981! And save the "troll" , get back under your rock, bla bla bla" usual responses. The people of Pocatello have spoken by their attendance Sat! Clean house starting at the top or drop athletics. Nothing less!

i thought things were goofy when a few went after RR and at the same time were talking up contracts on the football side, then you read this blog and WOW, no wonder we hover around the bottom in terms of being takin seriously about our sports programs

I've said it before, and I'll say it [email protected] is my email, make sure you leave your full name and contact information so I can get back to you, or call my office at 208-282-2621 and schedule a meeting to discuss your concerns. Or, hide behind a fake name and bash people...balls in your court.

For the most part I enjoy interacting with our fans...I'll let you folks guess what part I don't like. By the way, Mark Cuban is an active blogger and message board person and he owns the Dallas Mavericks...I ithink I'm good.

ISUSID

I appreciate the informed posts of ISUSID and VOTB. Keep it up.

(expokygrad, you know what I heard, that Tingey is actually trying to ban all critical posts from The Bengal Den. He know that if he can get rid of critical posts on The Bengal Den then his job is secure regardless of how well ISU athletic teams are performing. I also heard that ISUSID and VOTB are helping him weed the community of people critical of ISU athletics. They are worried sick that posters on this board will ruin ISU athletics forever. You and Protege need to bring an end to this conspiracy.)

isusid, nice that you compare yourself to someone running a WINNING and PROFESSIONAL organization, which is exactly what isu isn't. But then again, that is the whole problem, isu is the poor kid looking at what the others have but they can't get any of it and it makes the poor kid jealous and bitter...and hey votb, you responded to me again! who is that taking the bait? hahahaha

I love this...so I'm re-posting here a paragraph I posted this morning from another thread. There are ISU "fans" out there who truly are disappointed and frustrated by the way things in athletics have gone for the past few years. There are others who have ulterior motives and agendas that aren't really based in HELPING things get better. This is what I wrote:

There's no need for any of us who support ISU to waste our time trying to put down those like expokygrad when they post the things they do, as they tell us all we need to know about them every time they post. At least if I'm guilty of anything, it's of trying to keep a positive attitude and help a program grow. Hate and bitterness are heavy weights to carry, and I wish them the best in shedding the load the best way possible. It's a very hard thing to live life trying to "get even" with someone or an organization that you feel has done you wrong. I've been there...and it's not a pretty place to be. I wish them well...but that doesn't mean I have to drink the kool-aid they're offering.

Having been on the "bitterness" trail before, I found it did a lot more damage to me than it did to those I held bitterness and anger for. By the way, the "his people" comment is amusing, and extremely revealing. For the record, "my people" include my wife, seven kids and 8 grandchildren...and, of course, anyone committed to making ISU athletics successful.

Game, set and match to the Voice of the Bengals.

I appreciate you, my friend. I respect all that you do and I know a season like this can be very difficult for the radio team that calls the action. I have known Mr. Bugger for years and this is a radio team made up of true Bengals.

ISUSID - Frank, are you serious?

your actually posting on this site during a work day and attempting to what?

put your small man ego down and focus on your JOB, the one you are paid to do, not bantering about on a message board.

you must be so proud, what is the purpose of writing this or posting at all.

seriously, you need to get to work for the university and get off your lame high horse!

I will call you and I will call Arthur C. Vallas and Stephen Adkison, Ph.D. and Barbara Adamcik, Ph.D.

in a university like this one where positions are open at almost every level as we wade through the process of righting this ship, you should disappear! you are doing NO ONE any favors with type of immature garbage

Uhhh...protege?

Frank's job as Media Director kinda involves working with the public on a number of things. This message board included. The wise people go to every outlet possible to hear the masses.

Frank posting on this board kinda says that he's going above and beyond the ordinary call of duty.

superfan - you are that

clearly I have ruffled some feathers, you have 7 or 8 folks that are in lockstep, that doesn't mean its right or makes sense

the SID of a D1 school should NOT be posting his opinion or feelings on a public message board, he should spend his time on things that fall within his scope of duty

I can assure you this message board is NOT one of them

how many folks view this site or are subscribers, yet how many actually correspond? sure there are others schools that have trolls, but here you have the same 8 or 9 people making each other feel good every other post

its 2 days before our season opener and WHERE IS EVERYONE! do folks have a lack of interest in posting because their views or commentary are shot down by the so called insiders?

this site will be better when everyone has a voice

there is not a MAJOR D1 school in America where the SID banters back and forth with posters - NONE!

Maybe everyone is waiting to see how basketball works out. Pocatello is as fair-weather as they come, haven't you realized this?

And look at your last comment, boy. "MAJOR D1 SCHOOL"....Hmmmm...Idaho State is D1 in everything but football, and we are not MAJOR. I believe we play in the BigSky Conference, which, last time I checked, is not a power conference in anything.

The SID can post on a message board. Why not? MARK CUBAN, THE OWNER OF THE DALLAS MAVERICKS, DOES! He posts a blog and talks frequently with fans of his franchise.

I have a question why does anyone actually care? Protege think about how much of your own time you are wasting and for what? I think there are some major problems at ISU. but why waste time talking about something so pointless

you guys are making the case again

no shit were not a major D1 school superfan, does that mean we should not ACT like one, glad you got Franks talking points

letuknow, not talking about it doesn't make it go away

Latest posts

Back