• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

commentary

Just to clarify, since one of my jobs is dealing not only with the media but with the fan base, posting on a message board is actually right in line with my current job description, and I have the backing of everyone along the line.

Also, not that I'm asking for sympathy, but since this year I go from Aug 3, to November 26 without a day off (counting Saturdays and Sundays...that's 115 straight if you are scoring at home), I, nor any of my superiors, have a problem with my posting here and answering questions from our fan base.

Is the message board our biggest fan base? No. Is it the most important? Potentially, because once you post something here, it's permanently here unless you delete it yourself, and recruits and other fans will pick up on it. Believe me, I will hear at least one comment this weekend at Washington-Grizzly about how my friend protege is doing. That's why I always try to be the voice of reason and remind you that this is a very public forum, and posters should always keep that in the back of their minds.

Constructive criticism? I'm all for it, because gobengalsgo, or boisebengal, or anyone might have a point that we as a department might have missed.

ISUSID

Frank,

Sorry if i was sounding critical about marketing ISU athletics. I know that you and the athletic program are well aware of who is on the schedule for the basketball and want to promote that every way possible.. It's your job like you said ... you haven't had a day off i know you put in a lot of hours...... Since i am in the Physical Education Program we talk about some issues that are brought up on here and when i saw the article in todays i figured i would share some of my thoughts about some ideas that i came up with just as an example. We have really good teachers in the PE program and they challenge us to use our minds and try to put ourselves in your shoessince some of us might go into coaching or Sport management or Marketing or Sports information Director etc...... ( of course we can't do this 100% like you do every day since its your job ) but atleast think about things cause one day we will be in the same boat your in and think critically about what we would do if we ran the marketing or were tryng to get more exposure to ISU or bringing in money or whatever... I think we have a special opportunity this year with the basketball team and i hope that the community will get excited and support this team and coaching staff and i know that there are a lot that do already and i appreciate that.. It's all about being positive i think. Its easy to go down the other path and be negative. anyways i feel like i am like my wife and going off on a tangent jk..I love my wife and she knows that .. if she reads this..

Frank, my issues were not personal even though at times it may appear as so.

I was concerned as a new member of the board to how a few of the other members sort of ganged up or went after someone who they didn’t agree with and then seeing you "sort of" get involved was unsettling

What ever helps promote our school and its programs I am all for

Looking forward to this season and everyone to come

Hey Protege - Could you send me the list of blogging rules and approved bloggers? I seemed to have misplaced my copy. (No, this isn't my first post I had to re-register)

I certainly don't mind Frank posting here whenever he wants to. This board is open to all who wish to post, including Frank. And with his sports knowledge, there's many times he's set the record straight on things such as scheduling, guarantee games, Title IX requirements, and many other things. I think that the vast majority of posters here don't mind him posting here -- plus he's a helluva guy. I just don't know how he has the time to post on this board, though, when he works at least 50 or 60 hours every week with his SID job.

Latest posts

Back