• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Congrats to Seton!...

PBP

Who has now tied Jon Newlee for the all time win lead for ISU women's basketball. Both have 93 wins. Seton got his roughly a half season quicker then Jon.

All you need to know about how good a coach Seton is was demonstrated Thursday night when ISU held Sac. State (averaging 90.5 PPG) to 53 (and six of those came in the last :25 seconds).

ISU also held the Hornets to 16% shooting in the second half.

The game plan he and his staff came up with was brilliant and the players (showing their respect to the staff) listened and executed it almost to perfection.

This guy can coach folks. I hope he stays for a long, long time because he is REALLY good at what he does.

Next game Saturday afternoon vs. Northern Arizona. Tip off at 2PM...come on out...you won't be disappointed.

PBP

Congrats, indeed, and Seton definitely demonstrated his coaching excellence last night. Masterful game plan and great execution by the ladies.

Years ago I was in the USAF near Little Rock and I used to watch quite a few Arkansas Razorbacks games on TV while Eddie Sutton was the head coach and Fred Trenkle was one of his assistants. (Every now and then I'd visit with Fred in Fayetteville -- I hear that he's retired now and living in Shoshone). And Arkansas always employed a very slow tempo - type of offense, and this always took a much faster paced Houston Cougar team out of their game. The game plan and tempo that Arkansas used always gave Houston fits. And Eddie Sutton-coached teams always emphasized playing great defense. I wouldn't think that it would but it always did.

Really disappointed in the boos from the fans last night. The team executed a great game plan and won the game handily down the stretch. ISU women bb fans are better and smarter than this. Ask North Dakota what happens when you get into a running game with Sac State.

Spud:

The fans didn't understand and according to Seton on the post game neither he nor the players are holding anything against them.

I also didn't hear any booing myself, I did hear a lot of what I call amazed rumblings, stirrings and expressions of shocked amazment.

PBP

The game plan looked like it was being executed to allow Sac State to get back into the game instead of nailing the coffin lid early when we were up by 10 or more.

Still trying to figure out why our offensive players are under the basket with essentially no one around and instead of making what should be an easy layup they dribble or pass the ball back out to the area above the key. That way we can slow it down and thow away a pass or miss a much lower percentage shot with improved defensive coverage and a shot clock running out? Sac State appeared to be giving the lanes and the open basket and we didn't take them. How many times were their defenders between their offensive end and our ball handler? A few to say the least. If they are giving space and the high percentage shot, take it! IMHO.

You just stated the reason. No defenders around the basket and open lanes. Take a quick two point shot and Sac inbounds the ball on the push and gets an easy three point look from three or four shooters already up the floor. Play at their tempo and let them take threes in rhythm and you loose. Or slow the game down and take shots at under ten seconds on the clock with defenders out of position and waiting to get out on the push. Limit their possessions and take them out of their shooting rhythm. And win. By the way, ISU did the same thing last year with the same result. Pretty smart I think.

notabengalalum said:
The game plan looked like it was being executed to allow Sac State to get back into the game instead of nailing the coffin lid early when we were up by 10 or more.

Still trying to figure out why our offensive players are under the basket with essentially no one around and instead of making what should be an easy layup they dribble or pass the ball back out to the area above the key. That way we can slow it down and thow away a pass or miss a much lower percentage shot with improved defensive coverage and a shot clock running out? Sac State appeared to be giving the lanes and the open basket and we didn't take them. How many times were their defenders between their offensive end and our ball handler? A few to say the least. If they are giving space and the high percentage shot, take it! IMHO.

Again, ask North Dakota how taking the easy basket turned out. Sac State put up 110 points against them. (though I felt some of your frustration also during the game, it took a lot of confidence and poise to continue with the game plan when the Bengals were down 9 points in the second half).

Update: Weber State ran today with Sac State and scored 104 points. Unfortunately for the Wildcats, the Hornets scored 111.

The last few posts understood the game plan. LIMIT POSESSIONS by Sacramento State.

You can NOT play their style. Like I said on the air, you may have better athletes, you may have better basketball players but they play this style EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You don't.

Simple enough.

You try to run with them, you take quick shots, you lose...period.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant game plan by Seton.

PBP

Latest posts

Back