• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

Here’s what $35M gets you in Texas, a stadium, practice facility, and fieldhouse that surpasses ours and nearly every other FCS program’s.

If they tripled the capacity to 30,000, it would probably still be less than $50M in Texas. easily $150M CA build… ugh..

Is the locker room being remodeled this summer? WR Utah transfer #11 has a vlog where saying the locker room is being redone

Athletics has taken a back seat to the ARC, the Union, The Tschannen, Parking Garages, campus expansion, the bookstore, specialty race-specific athletic endeavors...

Have we invested enough in other things for Athletics to catch a break!? Damn!

Here is the official Sac State release on the fee increase. An alternative consultation process is being used instead of a student referendum, so the question isn't if fees will increase, it's by how much.

Info on the Instructional Related Activities (IRA) fee increase. It's been $8 since 1993, long past time to add a few zeros to this fee.

Info on the Rec Sports fee increase. Would kick in funds towards athletic facilities.

Info on Intercollegiate Athletics and Spirit fee increase.
The current "Intercollegiate Athletics/Spirit Fee," established in 2009, primarily supports scholarships, travel, coaches, and other aspects of athletic programs. However, this fee does not adequately address the urgent need for upgrades and replacements of our athletic facilities. Our existing venues are outdated and unable to accommodate the growing demands from both club and intercollegiate sports, as well as campus events such as intramurals, concerts, and shows.

To address this, we propose an increase in the Intercollegiate Athletics/Spirit Fee. The additional revenue will be used to significantly improve and modernize our athletic facilities, including upgrades to fields, courts, tracks, seating, and technological and audio-visual systems. This fee could also allow the ability to develop new facilities which will benefit the entire student population and enrich campus life.

In addition, a portion of the proposed increase would provide scholarship support for student-athletes who participate in club sports. This would ease the financial burden for several of our club sports student-athletes.
Options on the table are to bump up the Athletics fee from $10.8M a year to either $12.3M or $15.3M. This would essentially provide a slush fund for all of the athletics facilities to be upgraded (and increase operating budgets to remain competitive in the D1 landscape). I would assume bonds could be taken out against future revenues so that large scale projects (events center, upgraded Hornet Stadium) could be funded.

I hope President Wood goes with the maximum amount for all these fees in question. It's going to be quite the sight seeing the proletariat crying about tuition and fees being raised by their Dear Leader.

I secured a PowerPoint presentation on the updates to the WELL to host NCAA hoops. There are lots of pictures and diagrams, DM me with your e-mail if you want to see the presentation or know how to post it here. I can't figure it out!

1. 26k Square Feet
  2. Capacity 2,200
  3. Retractable bleacher seats, no chairbacks
  4. New entrance doors on side of WELL
  5. New lighting, scoreboards, and audio/video
  6. West grandstand of Hornet Stadium bathrooms will be used.
  7. Two temporary modular trailers will make up the locker rooms...

Not great, Bob.

I secured a PowerPoint presentation on the updates to the WELL to host NCAA hoops. There are lots of pictures and diagrams, DM me with your e-mail if you want to see the presentation or know how to post it here. I can't figure it out!

1. 26k Square Feet
  2. Capacity 2,200
  3. Retractable bleacher seats, no chairbacks
  4. New entrance doors on side of WELL
  5. New lighting, scoreboards, and audio/video
  6. West grandstand of Hornet Stadium bathrooms will be used.
  7. Two temporary modular trailers will make up the locker rooms...

Not great, Bob.
That sounds absolutely terrible. Can you upload on a Google drive and share the link with us? Thanks Kadeezy!

Only 300 seats smaller than my local HS gym!

American_Canyon_High_School_4.JPG

It looks like an upgrade. are they padding the baseline walls? Doesn't look like a lot of room there. Hopefully the locker room areas are cleaner. I was told that there were rats in the locker rooms at the Nest.

Kadeezy, thanks for getting a hold of this stuff and posting it. Based on the renderings, it's basically just like any of the gyms seen in the Big West. I know we were all hoping for something nice but deep down we all knew it was going to be a bust. The only hope is that this is a stop gap measure and Dear Leader will get bonding against the soon to be increased fees to build an actual events center.

From the rendering, it looks like there won't be any chairbacks so I won't be buying season tickets to any programs playing in this venue. I'll probably go to a handful of select games but I'm not going to suffer through this logistical nightmare.

It's downright comical that people will have to leave the venue and use the awful bathroom trailers at Hornet Stadium. There is nothing about concessions so I assume at best there will be food trucks next to the HS bathrooms. Logistically this whole set up is an absolute failure. The only cool thing about this whole concept is the new entrance patio, but so what.

I've never seen the locker room situation at the Nest, but the modular locker rooms imply that the athletes will have to leave the venue to venture to these locker rooms in a trailer. What a disjointed mess.

Based on the timeline, they should have started construction in June. Looks like they’re way behind with it being September soon and they haven’t done anything.

$5M stop gap for the school’s second most valuable sport is embarrassing. The construction company took the school for a ride charging that kind of money for a few new doors and some high school bleachers. I’d have personally continued to play in the Nest until a more permanent solution (locker room and restroom) was sorted out. This is absolutely not the way forward. Makes it feel cheap. We all know with the kind of budget we’re dealing with, “temporary” will not be temporary.

Latest posts

Back