• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Drake

92rjxp.jpg

Losing to Drake at home is a new all-time low.

Fumbling the ball on a game winning drive is completely unacceptable.

Last years ISU loss via 24? Point comeback was a terrible season ending loss.

This feels more like a program ending loss.

I don't believe in writing a team off after two games but next week is close to a must win for Coach Best. The defensive backfield looks lost. The run fits on perimeter runs are awful. The team has talent but relies too much on out-athleting competition. That strategy will not work when conference games start. This was a game EWU should have won if not for tons of self-inflected wounds. Next week is another winnable game, hopefully the team is better prepared.

I don't believe in writing a team off after two games but next week is close to a must win for Coach Best. The defensive backfield looks lost. The run fits on perimeter runs are awful. The team has talent but relies too much on out-athleting competition. That strategy will not work when conference games start. This was a game EWU should have won if not for tons of self-inflected wounds. Next week is another winnable game, hopefully the team is better prepared.
Nah, we lost at home to a pioneer league school who we were favored over by 33….no coming back from that for Coach.

We have 10 games left this season, we will be betting odds to lose in 8 of 10 of those…

Tonight’s game could not have been worse for this program, no sugar coating it, that was a killer loss…

Nah, we lost at home to a pioneer league school who we were favored over by 33….no coming back from that for Coach.

We have 10 games left this season, we will be betting odds to lose in 8 of 10 of those…

Tonight’s game could not have been worse for this program, no sugar coating it, that was a killer loss…
Afraid so. We can always live to fight another day, but with what ammunition? The defense is still wretched and the offense can’t get out of its own way. This feels like the death knell for the staff. It’s a bummer because I really like Coach Best, but this is a new low.

Our schollie kids ought to pay back the school if they can’t beat a team full of walk ons. I was sitting there watching the team and truly believe that when compared to 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018, 2021… we don’t have more than 6 or 7 guys that’d even make the two-deep on those teams. Talent just doesn’t appear to be there anymore.

Headline: Eags Get "Best"ed.

My normalcy bias says that all these coaches can't be this f'ing stupid. The reality says, yes they are. I vote for reality again. Clean out your desk Best.

Fuck no to Baldwin too.

Our schollie kids ought to pay back the school if they can’t beat a team full of walk ons. I was sitting there watching the team and truly believe that when compared to 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018, 2021… we don’t have more than 6 or 7 guys that’d even make the two-deep on those teams. Talent just doesn’t appear to be there anymore.
I like hard disagree with this. Best is a great recruiter, just a shitty head coach. Eastern is like top 5/10 recruiting classes year after year. It's up to the coaches to teach and develop them properly and the clearly hasn't been happening. Blaming the kids is just kind of gross dude.

I like hard disagree with this. Best is a great recruiter, just a shitty head coach. Eastern is like top 5/10 recruiting classes year after year. It's up to the coaches to teach and develop them properly and the clearly hasn't been happening. Blaming the kids is just kind of gross dude.
You're certainly welcome to your opinion. There's no doubt player development and scheme are major factors. But think about it... how many players from this team would be impact players on one of our better teams? I'm not even asking for guys that'd be stars, just guys who'd play a lot on those teams. There's maybe 5 guys, 8 tops, that'd be 2-deep regulars.

We don't have the studs we used to. Montana State and Montana still have them, even Idaho has some.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion. There's no doubt player development and scheme are major factors. But think about it... how many players from this team would be impact players on one of our better teams? I'm not even asking for guys that'd be stars, just guys who'd play a lot on those teams. There's maybe 5 guys, 8 tops, that'd be 2-deep regulars.

We don't have the studs we used to. Montana State and Montana still have them, even Idaho has some.
In my view, EWU still has talent but they are far behind the Big Sky playoff contenders at edge rusher and linebacker. There isn't as much NFL talent as before but the coaches should be able to get more out of this group than they have. Tuna and the experienced O-line alone should have been enough to beat Drake. The secondary looks lost, athletically they can compete but there is way too many blown coverages.

No expert here, but am confused about the QB usage. Seems it makes the offense predictable, and achieving momentum difficult.

In my view, EWU still has talent but they are far behind the Big Sky playoff contenders at edge rusher and linebacker. There isn't as much NFL talent as before but the coaches should be able to get more out of this group than they have. Tuna and the experienced O-line alone should have been enough to beat Drake. The secondary looks lost, athletically they can compete but there is way too many blown coverages.
The part about Tuna and the OL is dead on. I don't agree about the talent on the whole, but why we don't just slam the football through the middle with more frequency is bizarre. Another issue is that there is virtually no downfield threat to account for. We had only one pass where we tested their safeties yesterday. The opposing defense is just stacking the perimeter knowing that's the only place our offense operates.

Conversely, the opposing offense is testing our safeties all game long. it looks like our run D has improved, but the secondary is a mess. After the Eastern game, I turned on the Coug game. Watching the way their secondary competes after watching Eastern is mind-blowing. They contest everything... Eastern just leaves wide swaths of field to run into.

Interesting factoid, we had 4 drop-down transfers over the Summer. The total output of those guys is 2 tackles by Misa. Anthony James, who might be the most notable HS recruit we've had in a looooooooong time, hasn't even played. WTF?

You bring guys like this in, you sure as Hell better find a way to utilize them. The only transfer player who has done much of anything is the punter.

Dude we have players that turned down FBS programs to play here. We have a Boise State transfer that was one of Boise State's highest rated recruits.

I don't know about you but I don't see players who aren't big enough, strong enough or fast enough. Just players who don't know what to do and schemes that aren't working. Other people are saying DBs look confused in the back field.

I know ranking FCS recruiting rankings kind of suck but it is a fact not opinion Eastern has had top 5 recruiting classes year after year and all the players have the measurables to be more than competitive. Thinking current players wouldn't compete on old rosters is heavily opinion and speculation.

Also, who recruits the players? The coaches. Anyway you look at it its the coaches fault, not kids.

I see Dopa has made this about the players again. tired of your player this, player that rants. y'all don't need to engage him in his perverse pleasure of blaming 18-22 year olds. for me, just surprised Best reverted back so quickly to his tendencies so quickly given the uncertainty of his future. watching the results on the field is a clear indication of his neurotic inner mind. constant coaching turnover, player defections, poor game planning, inexplicable performances and other repeated inconsistencies speak to the state of the program under best.... it's over. feel free to tell me how Eck or Vigen couldn't win with this squad.

On the plus side, your new carpet looks 100% better than what it replaced. I didn't have to squint to watch the game. ;-)

I see Dopa has made this about the players again. tired of your player this, player that rants. y'all don't need to engage him in his perverse pleasure of blaming 18-22 year olds. for me, just surprised Best reverted back so quickly to his tendencies so quickly given the uncertainty of his future. watching the results on the field is a clear indication of his neurotic inner mind. constant coaching turnover, player defections, poor game planning, inexplicable performances and other repeated inconsistencies speak to the state of the program under best.... it's over. feel free to tell me how Eck or Vigen couldn't win with this squad.
Absolutely insane. Players should have to pay back their scholarships but Best gets $200k+ a year to tank the football program.

Absolutely insane. Players should have to pay back their scholarships but Best gets $200k+ a year to tank the football program.
Yeah. Not trying to bang on Dopa, just don't agree that players are the problem. On another note, I feel nearly as strongly about Baldwin coming back. Huge Baldwin fan before he left the Eag's but his teams since underperformed horribly at Cal, Cal Poly and Arizona State. I just think he has lost the thread. Who knows?
GSS_1560.jpg

Just a comment from the outside, I don't think players are the problem, I see a lot of talent. I will agree that you could upgrade the DB's and LB's but the skill players are the same types I have always seen at EWU. I know there are other issues with the university but I hope you are able to get back on track. Eastern has always been that tough scrappy team with a chip on their shoulder and have been in some of the best BSC games I have ever seen.

Latest posts

Back