• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

EASTERN WASHINGTON

votb

I guess I'll get this thread started. Isn't it fun to have something to talk about? ISU kicks the butt of a Big Sky team other than Northern Colorado. It's true that we won in a convincing way, but we're still not sure how good (or bad) Sacramento State is. They beat two weaklings in Incarnate Word and Menlo, and dumped a Weber State team that we don't know about yet, either. They were duly whacked by Cal of the PAC-12. What we do know is that no matter how good or bad they are, we kicked them soundly.

I don't think there's much doubt about how good Eastern Washington is. #2 in the country...a relatively unstoppable offense...but there definitely are questions about how capable their defense is at stopping an offense like ours. Thus, our defense has a TON of work to do Saturday. AND, I think they're going to be excited to give it a shot. What we did well against Sac. State we'll have to do a lot better against Eastern...at least much more consistently.

I think our offense can do a LOT of damage here. The questions should be our defense and special teams...and can we stomach that gosh-awful red turf.

By the way, EWU fans are trashing ISU and fans on this board. I see lots of people reading posts...but very few posters. Let's get after 'em! :clap:

GO BENGALS!

The sac state post about the ISU game is a good read. It begins with hornet fans talking about what they need to do to get to the playoffs and ends with a discussion of how far below .500 they are going to be.

I was very pleases to see our guys showing a punch of confidence and swagger. Lets hope that continues no matter what happens this week.

votb said:
By the way, EWU fans are trashing ISU and fans on this board. I see lots of people reading posts...but very few posters. Let's get after 'em! :clap:

GO BENGALS!

Best to take a wait and see approach to ISU athletics, much better for long term sanity. As for EWU fans getting after it... oh well, they have all that shiny frontrunner swagger, we have been comatose. Win at EWU and bowl into the SUU game with a flashy 4-2 record and things might change.

Fans live in a world of harsher and harsher expectations. When their team wins most of the time, they don’t know what to say after a loss. Just look at the BSU Bronco Nation today. Or, when a fan’s team loses most of the time, they don’t know what to say after a win. Usually, when expectations don’t match outcomes, it’s always: “Let’s wait and see.” It’s like living in the Land of the Numb.

I’ve been a Bengal Fan since 1964, so that’s 50 years of a lot of memories. Without fail, I always look forward to a new season, because it is a new season. I took my son, a Bronco Nation Fan, to Saturday’s game with Sac State. We joked around on the way home after the win, and I said, “Idaho State may become Idaho’s new team.” His reply? “I might have to start getting some new gear.”

All I could remember was the way the Bengal team members, those who put their sweat on the ground, had acted after the win. They jumped and raised their helmets and arms. They jumped around and yelled and were excited because all their work had paid off in a hard fought win. I saw their victory celebration and I wanted to join them. I couldn’t recognize any team member who thought the win was due to luck or a fluke of nature. I saw game pictures of Julie that were posted and that’s what I want to remember—the hard work of players and the exceptional effort on every play and the celebration at the end for a game well played.

I guess all I’m saying is we, as fans, should match the players approach to the season. Celebrate a win, learn from a loss, and look forward enthusiastically to the future. My hat’s off to the blood and sweat left on the field by all the players. Well done, each and every one of you! You deserved the win and you earned it! I couldn’t be prouder of you.

ISU
Strength of schedule up to this point is 45

#5 in the Big Sky for PPG at 29.3
#2 in the BSC for Yds/G at 483.5
#2 in BSC for pass yds/G at 307.5
11 passing TD’s 4 INTs and 5 sacks
#5 in BSC for rush yds/G at 176 with 5 tds
#12 in BSC for points allowed a Game at 38.5 (29.75 is how many the D has given up a game)

ISU has the #1 running back, QB is ranked #2 in passing yds/g at 298.8 Has not given up a sack in two games

EWU
Strength of schedule is up to this point is 99

#1 in the Big Sky for PPG at 47.6
#1 in the BSC for Yds/G at 567.4
#2 in BSC for pass yds/G at 374
21 passing TD’s 3 INTs and 17 sacks
#3 in BSC for rush yds/G at 193.4 with 12 tds
#8 in BSC for points allowed a Game 33.6

EWU has #1 QB with pass yds/G at 361.6 #3 RB, big issue EWU has given up 17 sacks

I think that this is a trap game for EWU. EWU will have to take ISU serious and I don’t know if they will. ISU played EWU well last year in Pocatello but could not keep it together and lost 55-34. It was obvious last year that the youth and inexperience of ISUs D was a major issue. After seeing ISU shut Sac State down in the 2nd half, only allowing 7 points I think that the D is much improved over last year. I know Sac is not EWU but it is a good indicator. EWU has given up 17 sacks! The O line for EWU appears to be weaker than in years past and this could be a major problem Saturday.

I think this is going to be a shootout. I think that ISU has a better D than last year and the better O line. EWU has a lot of inflated numbers due to their easier schedule and I think that they are not as good as last year. ISU will be able to protect the QB and pass the ball. The o-line will perform and the X-man will run the ball and grind out the clock when needed. EWU will give up more sacks. ISU is fired up and EWU has a target on their back. I think ISU gets the upset!

ISU 49 EWU 42

Eastern Washington is the #2 ranked team in the FCS and the #1 ranked team in the BSC. If the Bengals can win on the road against EWU it would be the biggest upset of the year in the FCS.

Eastern Washington runs through opposing defenses like a skilled gamer playing on beginner or rookie settings. In my opinion, they have the best QB, best WR and best offense in the country.

I don't see the Eagles looking past anybody. There is a reason why they are the class of this league.

Saying that, the defense has troubles stopping anyone.

Is there a chance? Yes. But Eastern would need to self destruct some and ISU would need to play its best game in recent memory.

I do like the improvements that all of us our seeing but not sure the Bengals are ready for this type of road victory yet.

I hope I am eating my words Saturday night.

votb said:

Hmmm, came over to check out the game week discussion and was surprised to see this comment! By forum standards, talk about your team has been highly respectful and nobody is trashing ISU fans. Some back and forth on the prediction topic, about what you would expect when an opposition fan comes on and talks junk, but very tame. Don't take my word for it, here's the link to the two topics (keep in mind that it's just Monday so it may change, particularly if there's more silly stuff about how our numbers are inflated because we haven't played anyone):

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3065

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3066

By all means come on over and discuss the game, but thought you should have all the info before you "get after 'em."

HannahO said:
votb said:

Hmmm, came over to check out the game week discussion and was surprised to see this comment! By forum standards, talk about your team has been highly respectful and nobody is trashing ISU fans. Some back and forth on the prediction topic, about what you would expect when an opposition fan comes on and talks junk, but very tame. Don't take my word for it, here's the link to the two topics (keep in mind that it's just Monday so it may change, particularly if there's more silly stuff about how our numbers are inflated because we haven't played anyone):

By all means come on over and discuss the game, but thought you should have all the info before you "get after 'em."

I found this comment curious as well. Believing we'll win the game is not exactly trashing ISU.

I'm not sure if we can beat EWU this weekend. In fact it's doubtful that we can. But I think we've turned the corner and we should do a lot better this season than most of us thought we would.

I love the focus of this team. Especially how they responded after the game with the fans, and then humbly taking a moment of prayer in the end zone, all of them.

This team is focused, unified, prepared, humble, and very hungry. What that ultimately produces? That is obviously yet to be seen. But I like their chances to shock many, many people.

Very exciting!

EWURanger29 said:
HannahO said:
votb said:

I found this comment curious as well. Believing we'll win the game is not exactly trashing ISU.

votb being votb. Hope nobody took his bait and is talking trash over there. A team on a 45 game road losing streak needs to worry about continually improving and bettering itself before throwing shit in the fan.

It appears we have a following! I've been reading these for a few years now and never have seen this much optimism or defense for OUR team.
Best part it for me is that the hope is in our benefit. You got to admit teams have to take us seriously for a change.
Even though they won one game that doesn't mean we are never gonna lose ever again. My question is who will jump off the bandwagon if EW lives up to its ranking? I think it will probably show in the attendance numbers in 2 weeks.

Nothing against our defense I just know how good Eastern Washingtons offense is. When you put up 52 points against a pac 12 school two years in a row you know they are legit. I think we will have to put up 42 points to win this game. I think it is very possible with our running game and our passing game. last year I thought Vernon Davis wasn't human. That guy was a lot of fun to watch. He knows how to make plays. However, I remember watching the game in the playoffs when they lost and he made some big mistakes. I do think our defense has the capability to force some turnovers but it is still going to have to be our offense that wins the game in a shootout. Why can't root sports televise this game? I think this is a bigger game than most people think. Good luck ISU!!!Get it done this weekend.

The exciting game that EWU played was against MSU a few weeks ago on ROOT. EWU barely won that one by the skin of their teeth 52-51, and I think the Eagle fans would agree with me that they were fortunate to have won that game. One of the best games I've seen in a while. Cooper Kupp is a very fine receiver and it's too bad that Kramer couldn't bring him here, as he did recruit him when he was a senior in high school in Yakima. There's some folks on the Eagle board that think that Kramer may eventually go back to coach at EWU or possibly at Idaho. But that notion is ridiculous when you look at his age. There's a good chance he'll probably just coach here for several more years and then retire here. He'll never take the Idaho job because he knows there's too many problems up there.

boisebengal said:
There's some folks on the Eagle board that think that Kramer may eventually go back to coach at EWU

This isn't true. You should go back and reread the post. It was a hypothetical question which contained a disclaimer of, "not going to happen".

Latest posts

Back