• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

EASTERN WASHINGTON

I think ISU has a decent chance of pulling the upset. Everyone knows ISU is one of the perennial bottom ten teams in the FCS. With all the cockiness shown by EWU fans, most of whom probably have no memory of Kramer at Cheney, it can be done! Look at last week in Bozeman. Arias v Adams. ISU, evidently, has a better D than EWU. Won't be up to see the game on 'the tampon' but will tune in on 930 AM. Say what you will about Tingey, he made the right move by getting Kramer. Time to enjoy the fruit of this new tree.

otis campbell said:
I think ISU has a decent chance of pulling the upset. Everyone knows ISU is one of the perennial bottom ten teams in the FCS. With all the cockiness shown by EWU fans, most of whom probably have no memory of Kramer at Cheney, it can be done! Look at last week in Bozeman. Arias v Adams. ISU, evidently, has a better D than EWU. Won't be up to see the game on 'the tampon' but will tune in on 930 AM. Say what you will about Tingey, he made the right move by getting Kramer. Time to enjoy the fruit of this new tree.

I didn't realize that the fans play the game :roll:

Look, ISU hasn't been that bad of a program. Certainly not an annual contender, but also not a bottom ten FCS school. As a matter of fact, I would argue they haven't been a bottom ten FCS school in a very long time. Just bottom of the Big Sky. There are some really atrocious conferences along which contain the real bottom of the FCS.

EWU will not be looking past ISU. Who are we looking ahead to? You are the first home game in which all of the students are present. All of the athlete's best friends and girlfriends will finally be in the stands and they will be very excited. Last year, you shocked EWU by putting them on the ropes early. Why would they look past you two years in a row?

ISU has made excellent strides the past few years. Their offense is really coming together. They are clambering up bit by bit, which is really the way it has to be done. I hope ISU continues to become a better program throughout the years to help the Big Sky once again become the dominant conference of the FCS. Most fans support Kramer as a former Eagle and hope he finds success throughout the rest of his career.

However, this game plays out without many surprises and an EWU win.

otis campbell said:

You might want to revise your opinion that we ("cocky EWU fans") probably have no memory of Kramer in Cheney. There's a lot of us who remember him well and have a high opinion of his abilities. It's no surprise that he has your program on the up-swing and we hope he does well every other weekend of the season! Again, there are a lot of complimentary posts about him on our forum. We love having Coach B on our sidelines but think you've done well getting King Kramer on yours.

Successful teams all have their cocky fans. EWU, UM, and MSU have plenty. My memory of last year had ISU as one of the bottom ten in the Sagarin Ratings. I can't find the final 2013 ratings, but I did find 2012 and ISU was 225 out of 246 Division I college teams. Perennial bottom ten, no. A bit of an exaggeration on my part. At any rate, Sagarin.com will get you started if you want to check out ISUs history. Apparently, they have archives back to 1995, but 2013 is not listed.

Sometimes I really wonder how accurate the Sagarin ratings are. This week, for example, ISU's rated as the 188th best Division 1 team in the nation with a rating of47.09, whereas Sac State is the 172nd best team with a rating of 49.49. Yet we pounded them last week at home. Right now I really think that ISU could win at least five or six games this season, or possibly more. Things are really coming together for this team.

Good luck today Bengals. You guys have a lot of fans in Cheney. We won't be rooting for your boys today, but I hope the program continues to rise and you win a bunch this season.

up for the challenge said:
The Bengals will beat the Eagles by 3 points or more.

Your prediction nearly came true! Great game and good luck for the remainder of the season. Coach K has the Bengals trending in the right direction!

Today's game even looked good on the radio. Had to be extremely fun to watch.
We stayed right with EWU - almost, almost, almost! Had to be heartbreaking for the Bengals to keep coming back and just not getting that win.

Higher score than some EWU-ISU basketball games! Go Bengals!

Latest posts

Back