• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

End of the Season...

PBP

Team gave it their best shot today but ran into a buzz saw in No. Dakota. Their size and athleticism made it hard for ISU to get open looks and when they did that same size changed shots in my opinion.

Still considering everything that happened even before the year began, then add in the injuries during the season, and a nine game road trip and the final numbers aren't bad at all. The players developed and played as a team for the most part especially in conference games. They had a lot of close games that didn't go their way, if a few more did they'd have had a winning season overall.

Posted their 5th straight winning season in the Big Sky Conference though and made the post season tournament for the 11th year in a row. If you think that's easy, think again (just ask programs like Weber State, No. Arizona, No. Colorado and Portland St.!)

Seton hit some coaching milestones, the seniors went out with a bang on senior day and Lindsey Reed just had a fabulous season.

Wish all five seniors well as they move on with their lives and hope to see them again in the future, maybe at future alumni games.

As far as next year, unless something unusual happens Seton will have the biggest team he's ever had at ISU and he should have a lot of depth and flexibility. They will be very, very young and it will probably take some time for everyone to adjust to the college game and pick up his offense and defense but by conference time they should be able to compete. The future looks pretty bright for a program that has been very, very good the last four / five seasons.

Thanks to all the fans for your support this season, have a good, safe spring / summer and we hope to see you all again next November.

PBP

Thanks for this summary. This ended up being one of my favorite WBB teams at ISU. I cannot wait for next October to see the new team.

This team was not Seton's most talented but it was proof that the guy can coach. I think he got every ounce of effort out of this group. Few coaches could have gotten this good of a result from these kids. I am in awe.

PBP: What is a preferred walk on (versus a walk on). I had not heard that term until this year. Thanks.

Seton has used that term and I assume it has to do with asking the player to come out and try to make the team instead of a player just showing up and asking for a tryout. (In other words the coach or staff may have scouted them / recruited them)

That's just my guess but Seton is the one who started using it in connection with April and Natalie.

PBP

PBP said:
Seton has used that term and I assume it has to do with asking the player to come out and try to make the team instead of a player just showing up and asking for a tryout. (In other words the coach or staff may have scouted them / recruited them)

That's just my guess but Seton is the one who started using it in connection with April and Natalie.

PBP

Thank you, that makes sense.

PBP said:

PBP

Typically preferred walk-on refers to a recruit that is asked to walk on initially with the expectation of earning a scholarship later on—usually after one year. It's a way of evening out recruiting classes when you have a disparity in the number of scholarships available from one year to the next.

McCalle Feller of the the Lady Griz is an example (walk-on last year, scholarship this year). The Griz football team has also been rather liberal with the preferred walk-ons in its last couple recruiting classes.

Latest posts

Back