• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fargo

Interesting...wonder if there is any way to confirm this?

ND State certainly has a terrific football program...don't know much about their other sports.

If it's true you can't blame a guy for trying to improve his position and by proxy his family.

PBP

Would be okay with this... Tingey (and others) got things moving on facilities and fundraising.... ISU needs a schmoozer, someone with charisma to move the needle.

lateral move if not a step below, and i don't care about the recent success they've had. have any of you ever been to north dakota? i get a pit in my stomach thinking about living there..

Tuff:

Which is why I'm assuming they pay considerably more to get good individuals. I've been told by the way it's very nice there in the summer...a lot like Pocatello from a temperature stand point.

tuffgong said:
lateral move if not a step below, and i don't care about the recent success they've had. have any of you ever been to north dakota? i get a pit in my stomach thinking about living there..

Really tough to see this as a step below, NDSU is a premier FCS football school and has had very good basketball teams as well. It would be moving from a struggling program to a one of the best in the country.

They draw very well from what I understand in most of their sports. Pretty much the norm for all four schools in North and South Dakota. I don't mean this as an insult but part of that reason is because there really isn't much else to do in the Dakotas in the middle of winter....so the fans really go all out for the school they follow.

PBP

Jeff has been a good AD and I expect once football starts winning a few more games a larger university will pick him up. NDSU was wise to look at him but the Journal today reported that he's no longer being considered. Glad we'll have him for a while longer.

I really like Jeff as well and am glad he'll be here for a bit longer. I think that he did do the real smart thing, though, by at least looking at the NDSU job. They have a much larger athletic dept. budget to work with than we do. But most importantly, North Dakota is experiencing astronomical growth right now with the oil boom. And the tax revenues will bring in a lot more money into the state, and subsequently a lot more money will eventually be going to all their universities -- for academics as well as athletics. I think there's a good possibility that NDSU will be FBS within a few years.

Latest posts

Back