• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Missed Catches

CrazyJ

Despite the bad coaching calls & simple game plans… we’re only a few catches from 2 more wins.

Missed catches are the crux of our season. Just a few more grabs would have made a world of difference. Run game is truly beyond excellent, so we have the core. It’s just those dropped balls.

Some logical coaching calls and a few catches and we would be in the top ten.

Despite the bad coaching calls & simple game plans… we’re only a few catches from 2 more wins.

Missed catches are the crux of our season. Just a few more grabs would have made a world of difference. Run game is truly beyond excellent, so we have the core. It’s just those dropped balls.

Some logical coaching calls and a few catches and we would be in the top ten.
If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, we’d all have a wonderful Christmas. 😂

Point taken, but it just goes to show how razor thin the margins are…and those few drops and bad calls add up.

I’m more disappointed at the mentality of our receivers. They were so excited to showboat for beating up on Northwestern State. The unsportsmanlike conducts for taunting were ridiculous…should have been benched for a bit. Instead, nothing really done to curtail that stupidity and what happens next? One of our receivers opts to try and eat a hero cookie by opting not to pass on a sure two-point conversion but tries to run it in and gets stopped flat in his tracks. Then, dropped passes in the clutch. Maybe the receivers should concentrate less on their celebration routines and more on catching the damn ball! 🤷‍♂️

In the McNeese game, the first 3 or 4 passes went to the east sideline where the sun was going to be directly in the eyes of the receiver. QB issue or coaching issue, I don't know, but I'm sure they were having trouble seeing the ball. Run the play to the other sideline and it may have been a catch. I hope they are at least learning from it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Who does that?

Point taken, but it just goes to show how razor thin the margins are…and those few drops and bad calls add up.

The issue is that the margin should never have been “razor thin”. We were roughly two touchdown favorites against both Lamar and McNeese. These two programs, while on the rise, have been bottom dwellers in a mid-tier FCS conference.

We’re in for a rough ride in conference play. If we play extremely clean football we can compete with anyone outside of Bozeman. I’m sure we’ll surprise once or twice, but there’s no reason to think we can compete consistently. We’re not as talented as we used to be nor as well coached.

I hate to come on here and be negative all the time but Jay Hill proved what this program is capable of and we’re nowhere close to that standard.

The issue is that the margin should never have been “razor thin”. We were roughly two touchdown favorites against both Lamar and McNeese. These two programs, while on the rise, have been bottom dwellers in a mid-tier FCS conference.

We’re in for a rough ride in conference play. If we play extremely clean football we can compete with anyone outside of Bozeman. I’m sure we’ll surprise once or twice, but there’s no reason to think we can compete consistently. We’re not as talented as we used to be nor as well coached.

I hate to come on here and be negative all the time but Jay Hill proved what this program is capable of and we’re nowhere close to that standard.
It really does come down to consistency. Quite a few games, the second half team looks great compared to the first half team. If there was two less dropped passes and a kicker who can make PATs and 30 yard FGs, the McNeese game probably would have been a 14-17 point victory.

Mental constantly sound like Phil Dunfee from Modern Family who is going to fix the broken step he keeps tripping over throughout the series. Mental keeps stating he will fix kicking game and getting receivers honed in better, but it isn’t happening.

With road games at Montana, Idaho, Sac. St., and NAU, I don’t see how they pick up wins there. They can compete, but I just don’t see consistency enough to think they can win any of those.

They should win home games vs Idaho State, Northern Colorado, and Cal Poly. I can see them losing any of those games due to inconsistent play, too. Really, I’m seeing the ceiling at 5-7.

Hoping they feed me a big steaming bowl of shut the hell up soup…just don’t see enough week-to-week improvement and team toughness and mentality to think otherwise. The receivers need a pep talk from Patches O’Houlihan from the movie on Dodgeball on catching the ball.

Last edited:
It really does come down to consistency. Quite a few games, the second half team looks great compared to the first half team. If there was two less dropped passes and a kicker who can make PATs and 30 yard FGs, the McNeese game probably would have been a 14-17 point victory.

Mental constantly sound like Phil Dunfee from Modern Family who is going to fix the broken step he keeps tripping over throughout the series. Mental keeps stating he will fix kicking game and getting receivers honed in better, but it isn’t happening.

With road games at Montana, Idaho, Sac. St., and NAU, I don’t see how they pick up wins there. They can compete, but I just don’t see consistency enough to think they can win any of those.

They should win home games vs Idaho State, Northern Colorado, and Cal Poly. I can see them losing any of those games due to inconsistent play, too. Really, I’m seeing the ceiling at 5-7.

Hoping they feed me a big steaming bowl of shut the hell up soup…just don’t see enough week-to-week improvement and team toughness and mentality to think otherwise. The receivers need a pep talk from Patches O’Houlihan from the movie on Dodgeball on catching the ball.
Spot on, predicting the same 5-7 result & think the coach's pre-season poll placement of 6th for the Wildcats proves correct. Too many years of Wildcat coach's talk but not walking it. Where is that soup you're speaking of, I'll order some for myself hopefully!

Latest posts

Back