• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Final Press Conference...

Skippy said:
up for the challenge said:
Skippy said:
One thing to keep in mind is that Kramer is in the last year of his contract now, so unless ISU gives him an extension very soon, he's going to be recruiting as a "lame duck" this year. That may play into his decision to award walk-ons and limit the number of new players he's looking to bring into the program.

Skippy,

I do not understand why Kramer would be recruiting as a "lame duck" during this recruiting season. Why would that play into his decision to award walkons? He has already announced he is giving out scholarships to walkons currently on the team. Are you saying because he has not been given an extension yet that he is not taking recruiting serious this recruiting season so he is giving walkons scholarships?He has another year on his contract so why is it necessary to give him an extension right now? I would think the AD would give him an extension next season sometime during the season in 2017 depending on team performance half way through the season. Personally, I would not give him an extension now based on his win-loss record at ISU. If he can show half way through the season that he can win some games in 2017 than I would consider an extension. If not, than it is decision time. He has been demanding quite abut lately to have a winning program. I am not sure the things he is demanding will work until he can show he can win.
It's pretty unusual for a school to let a coach go into his last contract year. They typically either let him go or give him an extension. Why? Because if you are recruiting against other schools for a player, it's very easy for that other school to tell the recruit, "You don't want to go to that school, their coach is on his last year of his contract. He'll be gone in a year." That's the definition of a "lame duck" coach. I'm not saying Kramer isn't taking recruiting seriously -- what I'm saying is being on the last year of his contract will make it more difficult to attract recruits from outside the program.

That makes sense so it would appear that the AD will give him an extension soon; however, we do not know what was written into his last extension contract. I am sure that has been discussed already or will be discussed soon between Kramer and the AD.

Skippy said:
Skippy said:
One thing to keep in mind is that Kramer is in the last year of his contract now, so unless ISU gives him an extension very soon, he's going to be recruiting as a "lame duck" this year. That may play into his decision to award walk-ons and limit the number of new players he's looking to bring into the program.

Skippy,

I do not understand why Kramer would be recruiting as a "lame duck" during this recruiting season. Why would that play into his decision to award walkons? He has already announced he is giving out scholarships to walkons currently on the team. Are you saying because he has not been given an extension yet that he is not taking recruiting serious this recruiting season so he is giving walkons scholarships?He has another year on his contract so why is it necessary to give him an extension right now? I would think the AD would give him an extension next season sometime during the season in 2017 depending on team performance half way through the season. Personally, I would not give him an extension now based on his win-loss record at ISU. If he can show half way through the season that he can win some games in 2017 than I would consider an extension. If not, than it is decision time. He has been demanding quite abut lately to have a winning program. I am not sure the things he is demanding will work until he can show he can win.
It's pretty unusual for a school to let a coach go into his last contract year. They typically either let him go or give him an extension. Why? Because if you are recruiting against other schools for a player, it's very easy for that other school to tell the recruit, "You don't want to go to that school, their coach is on his last year of his contract. He'll be gone in a year." That's the definition of a "lame duck" coach. I'm not saying Kramer isn't taking recruiting seriously -- what I'm saying is being on the last year of his contract will make it more difficult to attract recruits from outside the program.

That makes sense so it would appear that the AD will give him an extension soon; however, we do not know what was written into his last extension contract. I am sure that has been discussed already or will be discussed soon between Kramer and the AD.
As my legal friends might say, I think you are assuming facts that are not yet in evidence.

PBP said:
Just some quick notes from Mike's final get together:

1. BIG NEWS...(or BREAKING NEWS if you are CNN-LOL!) ISU has approved funding for the football program so that the top 50 players will be able to stay in Pocatello this summer, not have to work full time and can take classes (reducing the academic load in the fall) and work out. Mike said this had been in the works since this early fall.

2. Said nine guys currently with the team will get scholarships for next year. Only looking to fill five slots recruiting-wise. One each at QB, OT, S, CB and LB. That's all.

3. Provided a two deep chart and specifically went through every injury suffered by players on it. ISU suffered two ACL injuries, two severe shoulder injuries, one broken (two places) hand injury, five concussions that caused players to miss time, one knee injury, one torn labrum injury and two severe left ankle injuries.

4. Stressed ISU has got to stop playing two upper power five opponents every year. Can't be playing the Pac-12, the SEC...Mountain West is tough but not at the same level.

5. Asked why fans should still have faith in him, Mike replied, "I hope I've regained the trust of the fans because of the way we played the last three games against Montana, Eastern Washington and Weber State...three pretty good teams..."

6. Asked what will really turn the program around Mike said, "Money...it's gonna take money...lots of money..."

PBP

PBP,

someone sent me the link to his press conference. I'm a football fan and follow a few blogs but he brought up my kid transfer twice so as a open forum I just wanted to clear it up. He did leave so he could chase is SEC dream we both know how hard that is but he wanted the opportunity to compete. and he did of the 16 walk ons they only kept two . I don't know where he will fit but he'll have a roll in 2017 on this sec team. we were not happy with some of the things at ISU but did not mad or upset. did I think he was a better player then the big sky hell yes and so did a few pros whom we talked with before he left. so what happens if it does not work out. well it ready has, he proved he could compete. he'll have a degree and deep alumni association. as a family we still support ISU

PBP said:
Just some quick notes from Mike's final get together:

1. BIG NEWS...(or BREAKING NEWS if you are CNN-LOL!) ISU has approved funding for the football program so that the top 50 players will be able to stay in Pocatello this summer, not have to work full time and can take classes (reducing the academic load in the fall) and work out. Mike said this had been in the works since this early fall.

2. Said nine guys currently with the team will get scholarships for next year. Only looking to fill five slots recruiting-wise. One each at QB, OT, S, CB and LB. That's all.

3. Provided a two deep chart and specifically went through every injury suffered by players on it. ISU suffered two ACL injuries, two severe shoulder injuries, one broken (two places) hand injury, five concussions that caused players to miss time, one knee injury, one torn labrum injury and two severe left ankle injuries.

4. Stressed ISU has got to stop playing two upper power five opponents every year. Can't be playing the Pac-12, the SEC...Mountain West is tough but not at the same level.

5. Asked why fans should still have faith in him, Mike replied, "I hope I've regained the trust of the fans because of the way we played the last three games against Montana, Eastern Washington and Weber State...three pretty good teams..."

6. Asked what will really turn the program around Mike said, "Money...it's gonna take money...lots of money..."

PBP

Point #2 that you listed deals with scholarships. You reference coach Kramer indicating we only have 5 scholarships to offer. One of the positions you listed was QB that Coach Kramer said we are recruiting for scholarship player. Well the one player I KNOW we have offered at QB is Jack Colleto of Camas HS in Camas, Washington. I just finished watchin Camas win the state title on TV over Richland HS. Colleto is VERY NICE. Can make ALL the throws. Big body. Very Very Good runner with the football. He plays safety on defense. He is a really really really good football player. If we can land Jack Colleto for a L.O.I. signing that would be GREAT

1). Unless summer tuition, board, and meals are 100 percent free I doubt the top 50 players will stay during the summer months just to take one or two summer classes for free.

1). Unless summer tuition, board, and meals are 100 percent free I doubt the top 50 players will stay during the summer months just to take one or two summer classes for free.

That's the point of having them stay in the summer in the first place. All of those fees or the vast majority will be taken care off. I guarantee you, those guy will be here over the summer.

PBP

PBP said:

That's the point of having them stay in the summer in the first place. All of those fees or the vast majority will be taken care off. I guarantee you, those guy will be here over the summer.

PBP

I would stay too if I was a top 50 player and everything was paid for during the summer. Take one or two classes and work out in the weight room two hours a day. That is like a free ride scholarship during the summer.

Latest posts

Back