• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fire Kramer

Worst idea I've heard all year. Kramer wants to be here and understands the challenges it will take to turn this program around. The best thing for this program is to have a coach here for the long term. Let's be honest this program has never been a consistent winner. Have you forgotten what our record was the year after we won that national championship in 81. This program hasn't had any consistency in the last 20 years it's time we let a coach build a program here. Having a knee jerk reaction is the worst thing we could do for this program.

I would hate to be blamed for something completely out of my control. Injuries have hurt this team worse than Kramer. His contract has 2 more years correct? Why isn't that enough time to let his actions speak? He is a good coach, that had the injuries not happened, and his right hand man not left, the mental status of our team would be way more positive. Firing isn't the best option IMO.

I never like to hear people talk about others losing their livelihood. I will say only from a football standpoint. No matter what happens you have to win. I'm reminded of a line from the movie goodfellas. Had a bad day pay me. Kid got sick pay me. Lost your job pay me.

'I'm reminded of a line from the movie goodfellas. Had a bad day pay me. Kid got sick pay me. Lost your job pay me'

wtf...? what does that have to do with anything...?

kind of early to be drinking that much... .jeez

Honestly the one who should be worried is Tingy. He should either practice looking for coaches or practice looking for jobs.
I like Kramer but If Kramer has 1 more bad year, we need to move on even Kramer would fire himself after that many incompetent years.
I like Kramer but I have a feeling Tingy isn't putting any pressure on his coaches post hire till it's too easy for Tingy to make a decision for change.

Tingy needs to raise his expectations, and possibly the budget for coaches. There has to be some kind of give and take.

spartan said:
'I'm reminded of a line from the movie goodfellas. Had a bad day pay me. Kid got sick pay me. Lost your job pay me'

wtf...? what does that have to do with anything...?

kind of early to be drinking that much... .jeez

Wake up Spartan! Eric - explain the message in simple terms to Spartan. Spartan has a hangover again.

I'm pretty sure that Jeff Tingey knows what he's doing regarding coaching hires:

-Seton Sobolewski (Women's Basketball, has made the post season every year since his hiring, consistently one of the most solid programs in the BigSky, 2012 BigSky Champions)

-Julie Wright (Former Softball coach, winningest coach in ISU Softball history, hosted three consecutive BigSky Tournaments, brought a program from the Dark Ages to become perennial contenders for championships, along with a move to a permanent home in a stable conference. Oh, and something about a brand-new, on-campus field that happened under Tingey's watch)

-Chad Teichert (Former Volleyball coach, revived ISU Volleyball to become a top-tier program in the BigSky. Coached in three straight championship games, bringing home a title in 2013. Also coached two MVP's and a tournament MVP, incredible since ISU had not had an MVP in Volleyball since the Reagan Administration if I'm correct).

Let's also factor in all the renovations and upgrades we've done, plus the stability the department has had, and the fact we have some incredible academic stats and aren't teetering on APR sanctions. Does anyone really want to go back to what we had from 2000-2007?

Honestly I don't think I'll ever understand the dislike people have of Jeff Tingey and the department staff, even after all the success the athletic department has had for the past 8 years.

Benny_The_Bengal445 said:
I think it might be time to go in a different direction.
Notice the uniformed person who posted this rediculous idea has never responded back. Can we just delete this thread, and not give it the attention it does not deserve. (What a thread to start for your 5th comment ever!)

Let's all just settle down now. Kramer is a nut case! Have you seen the guys interviews?!? The guy bashes individual players like crazy! Name one other coach who bashes players like he does. You can't. How can players develop confidence if the man who brought you in doesn't have confidence in you? Kramer is not a good coach and he should be giving positive reinforcement with some negative feedback. From the interviews, Kramer bashes sanders and gueller more than any other players on this football team. Sanders was big sky player of the week a few weeks back and Kramer still didn't give him credit. When sanders got injured he said it was sanders' fault because he held the ball too long. WHAT?!? Held the ball too long? If you go back and watch the video of his injury, he as Kramer calls it, "catch, set, threw" and got destroyed by the Right defensive end. What's even funnier is that that team rushed 3 against our 5 linemen and sanders would've been hit by every single one of them. But that's sanders' fault right? Just checking. Go look at the play if you don't believe me!
https://twitter.com/bykylefranko/status/655517316420116481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BengalBannMan said:
Benny_The_Bengal445 said:
I think it might be time to go in a different direction.
Notice the uniformed person who posted this rediculous idea has never responded back. Can we just delete this thread, and not give it the attention it does not deserve. (What a thread to start for your 5th comment ever!)
Sorry I don't live on this page. I go on periodically. I like how you call me uninformed and then go and write "rediculous" :lol: :thumb:

Also who takes their back up QB who is supposed to be the future of this program and benches him for a guy who had only practiced for less than a week at QB?!? You should want your actual qb to get as many reps as possible especially if he is going to be your guy in the long run. Again playing with players confidence.

So what Benny, any other coach would have done the same thing. Gueller threw three costly interceptions, for gods sake! Although maybe you would have left him in if you were the coach, but that's your prerogative.

Why would you keep him out and completely destroy his confidence. The game was pretty much out of reach and why risk an injury to the starter and then really be in trouble. As for Kramer calling out players I have no problem with it's called being accountable for how you play. He goes after the quarterback play as well as the safety play why because they are two of the most important positions you have on the field. If you don't have a quaterback who can play well especially with our style of offense well the results speak for themselves. That is why we are in the boat we are this year because of poor quaterback and safety play. The season is what it is but i would never get rid of a guy who is building a solid program with a high graduation rate, good academic standards, and recruits Idaho kids more than any of the Idaho Schools.

psk584 said:
Why would you keep him out and completely destroy his confidence. The game was pretty much out of reach and why risk an injury to the starter and then really be in trouble. As for Kramer calling out players I have no problem with it's called being accountable for how you play. He goes after the quarterback play as well as the safety play why because they are two of the most important positions you have on the field. If you don't have a quaterback who can play well especially with our style of offense well the results speak for themselves. That is why we are in the boat we are this year because of poor quaterback and safety play. The season is what it is but i would never get rid of a guy who is building a solid program with a high graduation rate, good academic standards, and recruits Idaho kids more than any of the Idaho Schools.
You do realize that our defense is god awful and even if the offense score 40 points per game we'd still be at best .500. We gave up 1300 yards RUSHING in a 3 game stretch. Now is that how the kids play or coaching? Maybe both but Kramer is a defensive guy who runs the team so that's on him for not making adjustments. You keep gueller in because he is your best chance at winning that sac state game! Plister had less than a week in the offense and hasn't played qb since high school and gueller has had a year and a half in the offense. What do you think is more demoralizing, playing the whole game in your 1st career start and having a bad game or getting pulled for a guy who probably doesn't even know 80% of the playbook? Think a little here. Even if gueller threw 5 ints I'm keeping him in because I'm not burning a red shirt and I'm not bringing in a kid that doesn't play the position unless gueller gets injured. Just my thoughts

It's funny how there are more posts on here when things are going bad. The week after North Dakota there were not many posts about how well they played and how good of a coach Kramer is. It is very easy to blame Kramer for the play this year. But I don't think we should. Injuries happen but when you have three preseason all conference guys out for that game i don't care if Nick Saban was coaching, we don't have the depth to compete after our starters go down. There is no need to even bring up the topic to fire kramer. Ten months ago there was talk that Montana was trying to take him from us but he prefers to stay a Bengal until he retires. He is loyal to us, why can't we be loyal to him?

Latest posts

Back