• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fire Tingey!

Not sure why the anger against Tingey today. Did I miss something? Only two recruits for basketball has me really concerned. Kramer appears to be doing a great job. Lets wait until recruits are announced. We might be really surprised by upcoming announcements. Could be great things to come. lets judge by these coaches merits. Then we can praise or dismiss as the results come in.

Kramer is the best thing to happen to the Athletic department in the past 20 years. Im excited about ISU and lets see what Evans brings to the table.

I'd like to see a little more "horn blowing" when it comes to Public Relations at ISU. We don't need another Ambien commercial when announcements are made. We need news, not confirmation of news. I'd rather have someone around like the beer commercial's "Most Interesting Man in the World"--someone who shares inside jokes with complete strangers, or is the only person in the world allowed to touch museum paintings. To Crowdog's point, maybe all we can produce are snoozer-grams. How do we get some excitement back?

Crowdog, I disagree 100%. We need coaches that enable our student athletes to win on the field, in the classroom, and personally in terms of character. Age shouldn't matter, though longetiviy obviously should. For example, suppose we could have hired either Kramer or a 30 year-old who we would perform identically, but the 30 year-old would "make a splash" and be gone in 4 years whereas Kramer would stay 10 years to finish out his career. The answer is obvious.

As for ISU's recruiting of students generally (i.e. not for athletics), I dont question your concerns, but Tingey has nothing to do with that.

This is the dumbest thread imaginable, but if ISU ever did decide to fire Jeff, I'd fight like hell to get him down here. Guy has accomplished so much there already, I can't imagine him in an environment like we have here ...

That being said, there is no way that would happen...he's a Pocatello guy....loves the town, loves the teams, loves the area. He is EXACTLY what was needed....right guy, right time. Props should also go to Paul Bubb for hiring him in the first place.

FormerISUSID

FormerISUSID said:
This is the dumbest thread imaginable, but if ISU ever did decide to fire Jeff, I'd fight like hell to get him down here. Guy has accomplished so much there already, I can't imagine him in an environment like we have here ...

That being said, there is no way that would happen...he's a Pocatello guy....loves the town, loves the teams, loves the area. He is EXACTLY what was needed....right guy, right time. Props should also go to Paul Bubb for hiring him in the first place.

FormerISUSID
I agree with Former, this thread is a joke. With success comes jealousy of success. There is a new spirit at ISU and look how far we have come out of the hole others have got us in. I believe we are standing on solid ground after being in that black hole with a glimpse of hope.

I am glad Jeff is heading this program with all his hires. Watch out BSC! I mean that with all seriousness....

Latest posts

Back