• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Football press conference at 3:00

Probably announce an extension to his contract.....I heard Zamberlin and crew are having youth football camp tonight and each kid will receive a free ticket to the Saturday game....GREAT IDEA!

GOBIGORANGE said:
Probably announce an extension to his contract.....I heard Zamberlin and crew are having youth football camp tonight and each kid will receive a free ticket to the Saturday game....GREAT IDEA!

All Holt tix should be free for the rest of the season to amp up the support!! Give the promotion a snappy marketing name....Give everyone free bangers and poms poms too!! Play up on "breaking out" and turning the corner.....SPIRIT is incredibly important to a program. Waaaay underestimated on this board and in Pocatello.

How would you explain free tickets to all those season ticket holders who purchased already? How would the program cover the costs of running a game. Doing free tickets as part of the youth clinic is one thing, but just willy-nilly opening the doors isn't the answer, because it de-values the whole product, and hurts those that have already bought season tickets...

Think about it...say you paid $70 for you season ticket....and then ISU starts having the end of the season totally free...how do we sell season-tickets next year?

FYI one section everygame is the Burger King lucky section and gets pom-poms with a coupon attached for free Burger King!

ISUSID

Well I'm not suggesting it be done for everygame for the same people.
But on a single game basis just to build some excitement for the team.

He has raised retention rates; he has raised eligibility rates; and he has raised graduation rates; his athletes are contributing to the community and he has taken a very strict stance on accountability. I am pleased to have John continue as our head football coach."

Congratulations Z.

Proof that Tingey is not qualified to be AD! I really hope Coach Z can make the changes that need to be made to change his program.

spartan said:
awesome

analyze that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, I'll speculate.

It appears ISU is trying something different, or as someone suggested, ISU doesn't have the money to conduct a coaching search. Maybe they want to send a message to future coaches, you'll get a fair shake no matter what your record is the first few years. Maybe Zamberlin is such a good guy they don't want to let him go.

Whatever they're thinking.... it appears this was done to coincide with a home game against UNC... see, Z just beat UNC, ISU is moving in a positive direction.

At this point I'm just like "whatever". I just saw an extension for a coach with the worst winning percentage in ISU football history. What else can you say, except, I hope it works out for everyone involved.

I may not agree with the decision, but I think that making the call one way or another was the right thing to do. I wish Zamberlin luck and I hope he can make progress with regards to building a successful football program.

No need to lobby either way anymore, the choice has been made. I suggest we all hope for the best and accept it.

In two years there should be no doubt (positive or negative) as to if the decision was the correct one.

hey cub how about a poll that asks if we should keep this staff or revamp. if we should keep them why? and if we revamp who should go?

I am hoping that Coach Z will make the changes needed if changes need to be made. I also hope that Zamberlin goes JC HEAVY for recruits as much as it pains me to say it. Idaho State needs some kids that have some experience at the collegiate level to come in and contribute immediately.

spartan said:
cub

whats wrong with jc kids?

I get what Cub is saying and so should everyone else...theres NOTHING wrong with JC kids...its just that its preferred that the majority of the team is built around players who have been in the system their entire collegiate career...but if we get quality kids on AND off the field from JC then I'm all for it...some FBS schools wont even consider taking JC kids, because they beleive so strongly in my statement above.

Latest posts

Back