• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Football press conference at 3:00

okay - so why is it 'preferred'? i don't get it? without jc kids the bengals would have never won the title way back when....

If the entire team was made of up kids that were only there for 2 years...there wouldnt be much team chemistry...thats extreme but it gets my point across

not a huge part of it but you also have to deal with factors that made them JC kids in the first place. grades are a problem across the board, but coming into a new school having to contribute right away while being confronted with all the challenges of University caliber classes can it a coin toss at times. having that junior who has been around his whole career is much preferred.

sorry - still don't get it

it was enough team chemistry all those years ago when we won the title

maybe some jc chemistry is what we need - this team chemistry ain't producing

up for the challenge said:
tigersmilk said:
i have and the orderlies are on their way to pick up Tingey..

u know u r tingey side kick and would do anything for him...lol

you're some kind of a prophet or something aren't you!? ..how did you know? jeff and i get dressed up everynight and fight crime together, it's why pocatello is such an ideal place to live, lol ;)

spartan said:
sorry - still don't get it

it was enough team chemistry all those years ago when we won the title

maybe some jc chemistry is what we need - this team chemistry ain't producing

maybe think about the JC kids we have now.. how many more of them are big time contributors compared to 4 or 5 year kids? could be that lew just conjured of some black magic to make that jc situation work in 02'.

truth is, for good or for bad, we'll need to bring in a bunch of juco's to make up for the lag.

who knows spartan? you may be on point with this juco thing. maybe having 30 jc transfers is just what we need?

Anyone know a rough count of how many schollies we are gonna have to work with in upcoming recruiting season?

NOTE: not all JC kids come with academic problems

JC players should be recruited to fill immediate needs, not wholesale. While I agree, not all JC kids have academic problems, most are in JC's because of academic issues. Because of poor first and second classes Zamberlin now has to go the JC route to balance his classes. One problem with JC kids is they don't alway contribute the first year. They come in late, some don't make it, and none are prepared for Div. I football. Most take a year to adjust. The next problem is; bring in a plethora of JC kids will unbalance your classes 3 and 4 years in the future forcing you to continue with bring in large groups of JC kids or bite the bullett and play with young players.

I don't know that Zamberlin can get it done with his staff as it stands. It would be wonderful to just blame our offenses problems on the O-line coach, but we would only be deceiving ourselves that he is the only problem on offense. Our defense looks better until you look at the stats, just Big Sky stats and realize we are still the worst in the league. Reality is, some coaches need to go. Who, that's Zamberlin's problem, thats why he makes the big bucks. Poor recruiting overall on defense has if anything made our defense worse than it was under Lorig, and believe me, we were bad under him. Our defense has gotten worse each year under Standley, I don't see how you can keep him at D-coordinator. The only big move made last year has blown up in Zamberlin's face, our once good offense looks terrible at times, average the rest the time. Zamberlin needs to realize it is not only his career that is at stake now, Tingey will have this decision tied to his career for ever.

Yes, some coaches need to go. It appears that Zamberlin says he cannot fire them because their wives are pregnant. Larry Lewis again. You need to be a head coach, not an employment agency.

Sometimes you can't afford to fire people and hire better. What coaches tell the press is not always the whole story. Looking at the coaching staff or even the AD to correct a problemis sometimes looking at the wrong person. Who is the general in this army, anyway? Just sayin. P.S. See Skippy's blog post on the ISUBengals.com site.

Coach Z did not become stupid overnight. He had a good record at Central Washington and has played in the NFL so he knows what good football is about. Perhaps he's about to pull a Rob Akey and next year everything will start to fit. Also I have the feeling that Colorado might have a quarterback or two that want's to transfer down.

Latest posts

Back