• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Former Players, Assistants

SLCBengal

Some former Bengal players and assistant coaches have been in the news over the last couple of days...

Former player George Yarno stepped down yesterday as the head coach at Sandpoint, citing family concerns...

Bonner County Daily Bee: Yarno Steps Down as Sandpoint Football Coach after Two-Year Stint

Jeff Banks, an assistant under Larry Lewis, was named this week as the special teams coordinator at Alabama...

AL.com: Jeff Banks Joining Alabama as Special Teams Coordinator

Former ISU player and assistant coach Lance Anderson, defensive coordinator at Stanford, was named associate head coach last week...

SFGate.com: Stanford Names Lance Anderson Associate Head Coach

Former player Kenyon Blue was hired a few weeks back as the new cornerbacks coach at Hampton University (FCS school located in VA).

Former ISU QB Luke Butler has been a strength and conditioning coach there as well...

Nice post up! Don't mention anything about former players, but attack another poster you have issues with. You sure know how to kill a thread. Would it be to much to ask to take your war of words somewhere else, so sports news can be shared here?

I have no issue with any poster. My reaction to his post is sincere, whether you like it or not. No need to be specific(DUI). That is NOT 'sports news sharing.' I suppose you'd want YOUR life scrutinized, as part of 'sports news sharing.' Take your 'war of words' and....well, you know.

Wulfz said:
Nice post up! Don't mention anything about former players, but attack another poster you have issues with. You sure know how to kill a thread. Would it be to much to ask to take your war of words somewhere else, so sports news can be shared here?

Wulfz -my comment to Spartan is there is no reason to throw dirt (DUI) on a former player. Maybe, you disagree as you feel That is part of sports news. Sounds like it to me. By the way, that line "We get it, you do not like former players and coaches" is a direct quote Spartan uses on me once in awhile after I post. I thought he would want to hear it again but this time from me. Lol

Yes! Football talk, Thanks Wulfz. Skyler Phillips has a good chance to get drafted and at the least will get a chance to make a team as an undrafted invite. Mario Jenkins will probably go undrafted, but should also get an invite to a camp. Not sure how Peoples stacks up. It would be great to get three at least into a camp.

Wulfz said:
It will be interesting to see if any Bengals from last year make it with an NFL team this year.

I will help Wulfz answer his question since he does not follow NFL draft prospects for 2018. "The only player that has a chance to make a team in the NFL from ISU Bengals is Skyler".

I will help Wulfz answer his question since he does not follow NFL draft prospects for 2018. "The only player that has a chance to make a team in the NFL from ISU Bengals is Skyler". [/quote]

A number of teams / scouts visited ISU this past year and all asked about Mario Jenkins. Not only did they ask the coaches about him but the trainers, the equipment people, friends of Mario, teachers. Going that in-depth on a person's character usually means real interest.

I don't think he'll get drafted but he will receive and sign a free agent deal and with his drive and determination I would not be surprised at all to see him make a roster probably as a special teams guy. If nothing else I certainly can see him on someone's taxi squad making 3,000 a week.

PBP

Maybe but doubtful PBP. Mario is a very good player coming from a small school in ISU with very good awards but hard to make it on a NFL team unless you are considered a drafted player or a drafted player. I do think Mario will get a NFL team camp invite. I look for Mario to play in the Canadian league or in the Arena league. Skyler has the best shot on securing a position in the NFL as he went to the NFL combine in Indianapolis with the elite NFL prospects in the country and is being considered as a drafted player.

Brings to mind a player from ISU that went undrafted a few years back. You might recognize the name, Jared Allen. Made it with the Kansas City Chiefs as a long snapper on special teams. It's all about desire, being at the right team at the right time doesn't hurt either.

Anybody besides me and spartan that are completely annoyed with UWTC? I think that with PBP's background, he's much more knowledgeable about athletics than UP ever was and is more than qualified to comment on talent matters. Up's not qualified about anything, except for thinking he knows more than anyone else when in reality he doesn't know the first thing about athletics.

Wulfz said:
Brings to mind a player from ISU that went undrafted a few years back. You might recognize the name, Jared Allen. Made it with the Kansas City Chiefs as a long snapper on special teams. It's all about desire, being at the right team at the right time doesn't hurt either.

Jared was drafted in the fourth round by the Chiefs. His long snapping abilities certainly made him more draftable, but you don’t go in the fourth round if the team doesn’t envision you in the regular rotation. I wonder how many of the teams who passed on Jared in those first three rounds would have liked a “do-over?” 😀

Josh Hill, Evan Smith, Jeff Charleston, Matt Guttierez, Pago Togafau -- ISU players who within the past ten years or so have played multiple years in the NFL as undrafted free agents...

Highland High School's Taysom Hill (BYU) is receiving praise in New Orleans, and he also was undrafted.

Latest posts

Back