• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Four Big Sky Teams in Post-Season

PBP said:
Sin:

With respect, I'm sorry, I can't specifically tell you which ones and why. I hope that you know me well enough to understand that I'm not simply throwing that out there. The specific information was private and I have to keep it that way.

There are apparently a lot of factors that go into hosting and it varies from school to school in some cases. I know this isn't much consolation but in this case, you'll have to take my word on this.

Sorry again that I can't offer more to you.

Regarding men's attendance, as Brad pointed out a few times this past year, BSC men's attendance was down to its lowest levels since they started keeping records in the mid 70's. Outside of say Montana and Weber State most if not all the other programs on the men's side are in the same boat to various degrees. I think that needs to be kept in mind.

Women's attendance (again in general terms) has always been Montana-Montana State drawing very well. Then comes ISU and now No. Dakota (when they joined the league) and everybody else. ISU women's attendance has been off the past two seasons but it's not significant especially when you compare it to the majority of the other schools in the conference. I don't think that's something to be overly concerned about at this point.

No question attendance for ISU men's basketball is dramatically down, not winning does that, but it's not just in Pocatello apparently as shown again by Brad's research.

One final point to keep in mind when talking about attendance, I've seen numerous games where an attendance is announced but the reality is that the number of fans in the seats appears to be far less than what is said. I don't know if there is a "standard" that all schools must follow when getting into attendance issues. (Maybe Brad knows if there is or not...) I'm just saying I think you have to take with a grain of salt figures that are released regardless of whatever school you are looking at. Who knows for sure what the real, actual attendance is at a game or a season.

PBP

Eh, if you can't say who, then it's typical message board b.s. Everybody on message boards are experts or have sources. Besides, when you look at the past seasons, there have been few Big Sky schools that qualify for post-season. The only school that had a record worthy that may have turned it down is Montana. Big whoops. Tinkle turned down the CBI this year at Oregon State, so he could have. Not a big deal. Most schools say when they turn down a tournament because they are still getting positive publicity about it.

I agree about attendance numbers sometimes differ from actual butts in seats. Been that way for years. If you want to get down to it, there's no bigger offender than ISU. I've been to men's and women's games in years past where there is NO way the attendance listed in the box is the same as who was there. I could tell from games this year that the numbers don't match.

By the way, congrats to NAU for winning tonight. They did it in front of their biggest basketball crowd ever, almost 6,000. Very cool.

pbp, don't worry, you won't have to worry about covering one of these lesser tournaments, men's or women's, for a long long long time.

donny said:
pbp, don't worry, you won't have to worry about covering one of these lesser tournaments, men's or women's, for a long long long time.

Just like you assured me the women wouldn't be getting into the BSC tournament this year? ;)

PBP

didn't assure you, just asked if you wanted to make a bet. I don't know if I'd be bragging about an 8th place finish, losing record overall and in conference, and a tournament berth which happened thanks to the help of other teams on the last weekend. at least you can hang your hat on Kentucky's undefeated record. wait, woops.

Donny:

You wanted to bet they wouldn't get in, that means you were pretty damn sure they weren't going to make it. They did, period. Stop with the qualifications and excuses.

And they played UM a hell of a game...no shame losing there by a deuce.

Like Frank wrote in response to some of your postings in another thread "weak sauce..."

I understand you've got some valid points about some of the sports at ISU that are having problems but women's basketball isn't one of them and frankly reading your comments over the years if I was as upset about the way things are at ISU as you are, if I couldn't ever find anything positive to say about anything going on out there, or anyone, I'd find another team to root for.

PBP

Latest posts

Back