• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fox Sports 620 Is The New Home of PSU!

forestgreen

Staff member
Portland State Vikings Football Now On Rip City Radio!

Read more: http://www.foxsportsradio620.com/articles/nw-sports-215016/portland-state-vikings-football-now-on-12582352#ixzz37tCuWqqU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

62 KGW of olde is now AM620 Fox Sports for Vik Athletics! A strong signal for the Portland market. This is major and a definite step in the right direction. Kudos to David et al. Turn on your radios and tune your dials this season.

Mike Lund is a pretty cheerful and thoughtful color announcer. Tom Hewitt is an adequately disciplined play-by-play announcer but hopefully will be continually improving his announcing style. I, for one, really enjoy Mouse Davis' commentary style on television.

I hope Tom Hewitt can announce this (and subsequent) seasons with a more virile style of delivery though. We're not looking for beefy, but baritone. Right now, he's too tenor, too treble. It never struck me how high-pitched his voice was until he interviewed Freeman Williams after the movie screening. Not really appropriately-voiced for football announcing. Tygue Howland has a good voice for broadcasting football games.

Baritone expression.

Did Tom get into this gig on a nepotism deal? Did he buy his way in? Has he ever play the game? In my opinion, he has neglected his audience in the past. I believe he has made improvements in this area, though.

When women announce football games, for example, I find it immediately out-of-sync to the point of being appalling. I am quickly impelled to change the channel and catch mere glimpses of the score as the game progresses. The experience is absolutely ruined by effeminate announcing.

Love the charming female sidelines announcers, though. Even the taller ones.

The solution to upgrading our booth announcers from debatable amateur to clear professional status would be the man-in-the-middle, the professional play-by-play announcer.

David Hersh may have connections to a retired play-by-play announcer that would be great for Portland State and enjoyable duty for the retiree.

-----------Color Analyst--------------Play=by-Play Professional--------Game Analyst---

Latest posts

Back