• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

@ Fresno GameDay Thread 31-34

At least he doesn't miss the SELA game but still a bullshit call. I mean he hit him right as he was releasing the ball.

That EWU QB made a ROOKIE MISTAKE on that Pic! He GAVE ONE AWAY! EASTERN COULD’VE BEAT FRESNO STATE and the unseasoned quarterback throws an interception in double overtime. Who is the kid? Is Eastern Washington going to have to suffer through bad Qb after bad Qb? I’m asking for a friend. :eek:hno:

Nut punch supreme...

giphy.gif

That was better than the improvement I hoped to see this week. Defense looked like defense. Team left it on the field and I'm very happy for them.

Visperas has a way to go individually in decision making, seeing the field and long throw touch. Too bad it ended the way it did because it wasn't necessary (decision making).

Great effort!

Not the result anyone wanted but the Eagles played surprisingly well, especially on defense. Fresno was a 37.5 point favorite in this one. At the very least the Eags showed that they're a team that you can't look past.

luckyintheorder said:
That was better than the improvement I hoped to see this week. Defense looked like defense. Team left it on the field and I'm very happy for them.

Visperas has a way to go individually in decision making, seeing the field and long throw touch. Too bad it ended the way it did because it wasn't necessary (decision making).

Great effort!

Yep, it was a poor decision by a young Qb to force a throw on a 1st down play. Gotta chalk that one up to decision making.

As most have mentioned, I did not expect this team to play as well as they did after the beatdown Fresno State gave Purdue last weekend. If they can play to their potential and avoid a rash of injuries I think they'll be a decent team in the Big Sky this year. As always, it's going to take some favorable bounces for us to win some games maybe we aren't supposed to, but I honestly think a 7-4 record is realistic for the talent we have on this team. I think the defense will be good in conference play, and Visperas will get better with more experience.

Seriously just a memo to the Offensive Coordinator’s office: You don’t put the Double OT, FBS upset in the hands of the young, rookie, unseasoned quarterback. No other EWU playmakers got to touch the ball in double OT against Fresno State because we put the entire game in the hands of the new, unbaked quarterback. That was a giveaway, Fresno State looked like a Big Sky team and Eastern gave them the game.

HeavyIsTheCrown said:
Seriously just a memo to the Offensive Coordinator’s office: You don’t put the Double OT, FBS upset in the hands of the young, rookie, unseasoned quarterback. No other EWU playmakers got to touch the ball in double OT against Fresno State because the we put the entire game in the hands of the new, unbaked quarterback. That was a giveaway, Fresno State looked like a Big Sky team and Eastern gave them the game.

Hard to disagree with this. But I don't think the QB play this year so far is comparable with last season. Visperas has a lot more upside, he just needs the experience. Barring the OT pick, he. made some really good plays in this game.

EWURanger said:
HeavyIsTheCrown said:
Seriously just a memo to the Offensive Coordinator’s office: You don’t put the Double OT, FBS upset in the hands of the young, rookie, unseasoned quarterback. No other EWU playmakers got to touch the ball in double OT against Fresno State because the we put the entire game in the hands of the new, unbaked quarterback. That was a giveaway, Fresno State looked like a Big Sky team and Eastern gave them the game.

Hard to disagree with this. But I don't think the QB play this year so far is comparable with last season. Visperas has a lot more upside, he just needs the experience. Barring the OT pick, he. made some really good plays in this game.

I agree, but Eastern could’ve at least run the ball once. That pick was heartbreaking. GoEAGS that was a great game.

HeavyIsTheCrown said:
EWURanger said:
HeavyIsTheCrown said:

I agree, but Eastern could’ve at least run the ball once. That pick was heartbreaking. GoEAGS that was a great game.

This I agree with. Why not run the ball? All you need is to crank a few yards out at a time and get into the endzone. I mean, I don't understand the play calling at all in that situation. Throw a pick on 1st down with the game on the line, come on. This one hurts.

What a heartbreaking finish to the game. To me this looked like a completely different EWU team than what we watched against NDSU. The defense was flying to the ball and tackling really well. Minus one or two plays we really didn't give anything up. I hope to see that trend continue with the D because the offense should be better in the Big Sky.

EagInTexas said:
What a heartbreaking finish to the game. To me this looked like a completely different EWU team than what we watched against NDSU. The defense was flying to the ball and tackling really well. Minus one or two plays we really didn't give anything up. I hope to see that trend continue with the D because the offense should be better in the Big Sky.

Agreed. NDSU in probably the best team in the country. EWU struggled with NDSU on the road, and one week later Eastern gives Fresno State all they can handle… also on the road. Eastern could end up being ok during the Big Sky season. That defense looked mean, these tough non-conf games really prepare you for conference play. I’m proud of the EAGS tonight!

Slept the sleep of angels... Super effort from the team and coaches. Not sure what the plan was under 2 minutes left in the game but miracles happen and Eastern had a REAL chance to win this one on the road...

Actually in ecstasy over the D play at every position. DB's were on fire, LB's made plays flying around the field and the DL was a revelation making stops, getting pressure and maintaining the edge the whole game.

Note: I'm on the road in the back country all week so someone else should do Prediction and Gameday threads

Go Eags!

Stats for the game are identical for both teams . Amazing.
https://goeags.com/boxscore.aspx?path=football&id=5382

Seattle Eagle said:
Not the result anyone wanted but the Eagles played surprisingly well, especially on defense. Fresno was a 37.5 point favorite in this one. At the very least the Eags showed that they're a team that you can't look past.

Man, losing sucks!

But I agree with what you wrote. If there's one thing I'm seeing from the team this year that was embarrassingly absent last year, it's the willingness to play HARD. If we can just get to playing WELL and HARD, we can pull it together this season. We played well at times yesterday, but early on, we looked a bit clueless. There's no reason to blame referees, but those two personal fouls penalties in OT were dubious at best... downright terrible at worst. Refs shouldn't be throwing mystery flags in an OT, let alone doing it twice for the most marginal of issues.

I guess we're where most expected, 0-2 heading into must-wins. The intangibles are in our favor. We haven't been rotten and we have a team that looks to be improving quite a lot. It'll be on the coaching staff to keep spirits up, because it's still all in front of us. Win the next two- and both are very winnable if we keep getting better- and that game against Idaho suddenly becomes a monster of huge importance.

This was entertaining reading. Fresno St. message board and their squirming take on the game from pre-game high they were on from Purdue to...well, to the end. Not much respect but no surprise.

https://247sports.com/college/fresno-state/board/102987/Contents/fresno-state-vs-eastern-washington-barkboard-game-thread-215784375/?page=33

Latest posts

Back