• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Garrett Swanson to Marquette

bengalfan22

Wow. I feel like ISU really blew this one. Heard Swanson is going to redshirt this upcoming year then be a scholarship player for three years. If you can be a scholarship player in the Big East and a team that just recently made back to back sweet 16 appearances then how in the world can he not get a scholarship at a weak program such as Idaho State from the Big Sky? Not a good sign at all. We lost a good one for sure. Best of luck to Garrett Swanson.

If Garrett Swason redshirts at Marquette and is indeed a scholarship player at Marquette in two years I will kiss both of your sweaty feet.

I think Swanson was good enough to play at ISU, really I do. I wish him the best. But I am not buying this one.

Then again, I may have been wrong once or twice in my life. And if I am I have four sweaty feet to kiss.

bengalcub said:
If Garrett Swason redshirts at Marquette and is indeed a scholarship player at Marquette in two years I will kiss both of your sweaty feet.

I think Swanson was good enough to play at ISU, really I do. I wish him the best. But I am not buying this one.

Then again, I may have been wrong once or twice in my life. And if I am I have four sweaty feet to kiss.

Make it 6 cub - the kid is legit!

I wish him the best, true or not. I can't see where he had any division I offers coming out of high school, other than the walk-on offer at ISU. Looks like every division I school "blew this one." ;)

Maybe. I didn't see him play in high school I just watched him as a non-scholarshipped freshman playing for D-1 Idaho State and more than holding his own with much bigger and much more experienced players. Makes me wonder what coaching, experience, and strength can do for him. (By the way I think he got very good coaching during his short stay at Idaho State. The Bengals did have some very good teaching coaches last year).

bengalcub said:

Agreed with you (though I'm not kissing any feet)... obviously Swanson had some talent and could have been a solid contributor for ISU, but I have a hard time buying that he will be able to contribute and become a good player at Marquette. I guess we will see... I am not hearing anything yet.

It wasn't that long ago that ISU took Marquette to overtime. O'Brien was giving us his best effort back then. Sometimes the talents gap isn't as big as one would think.

Sorry Bengalcub, I guess if I have to side with any opinions here it would be that of Coach Buzz heading up a top twenty basketball program; he must see something ISU isn't.

PaintTouches.com, a blog about Marquette basketball, tweeted that Garrett Swanson will be a walk-on this season...

http://twitter.com/PaintTouches/status/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 2308306945

The writer states he won't create a separate blog about Swanson -- and his blog entry today, June 13th, indicates Marquette's 3 open scholarships for the 2013-2014 season have already been filled. It would seem a bit "risky" to promise a scholarship by trying to predict attrition. I haven't bought my chapstick just yet... ;)

Garrett Swanson will never be on scholarship at Marquette,.. Ever. Good luck to him at a great school. That is all..

Going to a school as a walk-on with the hopes of getting a scholarship next year... where have I seen this movie before?

Marquette announced their official roster for next season.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/marq-m-baskbl-mtt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, yeah.

Latest posts

Back