• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Georgia Travel abuses?

Oooooo...Frank, mighty_bengals has a very valid point. I would be pissed off if I paid $750 and received such trifiling concessions...

I agree with superfan, he should get a couple of tickets to a game for that donation. Who cares Mr. Former SID that you couldn't take your wife on a trip to OK. and hey, you got a free van out of your 11 years, so don't complain. You begged the students, faculty and staff for your support, that should be enough.

bengalharley, do you understand how to read for context and content?

Didn't think so.

Never could understand how some peoples can be bitches 24/7.

Sorry, I agree with mighty_bengals and Superfan. :) and I do understand uneducated men who need to swear to get there point across. I guess if you were an athlete or even a former college athlete maybe you would see my frustration and others with the administration. But no sense in talking to a rock.

Sorry, I understand some people are bitchy enough to keep a vendetta against people who don't even work for ISU anymore.

I received a diploma in exchange for my athletic career, so I don't have much of a reason to be bitter. I rub shoulders with boosters who never played a sport in their life, and I appreciate all they do and have done. I would never isolate or alienate an ISU supporter.

What do you do now to help ISU athletics? Bitch and moan, make personal attacks, and offer no solution? How are you helping? I'll tell you what. Send me a pm and I'll buy you a couple bags of popcorn.

People whine about Jay Heater, but this board has been guilty of doing much of the same. There has been a lot of one sided ranting without presenting the other side in an honest matter.

Could a revamping of things work out well for the Bengal Foundation? Yes, but I was around when the ticket switch was made (a person used to get free tickets depending on their foundation level of giving). The reason it was taken out was that the athletic department actually paid for those tickets, so when the change was made, the levels were lowered slightly, and depending on the level, that gave you the chance to buy X amount of tickets, which is how many schools do it these days.

Not sure what they could throw in there for the different donations, but yes, probably something should be changed or added or done.

And Harley....just so you know...I LOVE MY VAN!

FormerISUSID

Respectfully JJB, Heater has access to the coaches and the athletic director. This is a fan board for fans to vent and act like we know what we are talking about. Heater is a reporter for the local newspaper and I think he has a responsibility to dig a little deeper.

BTW, sincerely, thank you for your service at ISU and thank you for being a booster and advocate for the program.

Hey, Frank, have you not noticed the ERA OF EXCUSES is over. We Boosters are ready for change and accountability and that includes the administration.

go big

please take your concerns (real and imagined) to the administration and ask them. posting bs about misuse of money and somebody told you that 4000 boosters flew to georgia (and its just a matter of time before you start with the 'recruit all those wonderful idaho athletes' song and dance again) - grow a pair and go get the answers you 'pretend' to seek from those people who know - rather than pissing and moaning on a fan board - jeez

I going to agree with Spartan on this one. If you really wanted know Orange you would have asked Tingey or somone at ISU. Cub lives in Boise, to get a answer he would have to ask someone. No matter how I look at this question it keeps coming up looking like a "RED HERRING". If you have a legitimate question go ask, coming here was just a way to creat some controversy.

Spartan, don't get your big boy panties all in a wad. The FINANCIAL sitution regarding ISU FOOTBALL is a real concern with me. The reason I go to Cub for my answers is because he is truthful, relaiable and does not sweep things under the rug that are uncomfortable for some people. Are you kidding me, Go to Tingey for answers? I do feel it is misuse of funds for people to take vacations at the sacrifice of our players. Creating controversy, I hope so. And if you really want me to get started about "RECRUIT MORE IDAHO",I will gladly do that being as our Idaho athletes did great.

They chartered a flight for the trip to Georgia. You have all the seats on the plane available for your trip and those traveling with you. You gain nothing by having empty seats, the plane is chartered. So if you take 60 players, three trainers, three equipment, and other staff and still have empty seats you fill them with boosters and guests. I traveled with the team for several years as part of the equipment staff, with four different AD's and they all did it this way. So unless they chartered a DC-10 you didn't have that many on the plane. There are always boosters on the trip for most out of towm games. The last two years the team has flown commercial which is a major pain in the butt as you have to wait for your flights and check your luggage when going to the airport. This is why they have been going to Salt Lake to fly out. Believe me it is just as big a pain for the AD and his staff as it is for the team and coaches, no one enjoys it this way.

I just don't think anything shady happened on that flight or with any funds. That was my whole point of doing some checking and posting what was shared.

I don't think anyone took vacations on that trip...blackfoot is correct, that's how it is on charter flights. I didn't think I put an excuse out there by the way.

FormerISUSID

Maybe if Valias, Tingey, Tingey's wife etc would have paid for the tickets to charter our PLAYERS would not have to ride a bus for 10 hours to Cheney...play a football game...and then get right on the bus for 10 more hours back to Pocatello. Like I said the PLAYERS sacrifice. Did the President, Vice President, Tingey's wife, student body president and vice president want to jump on the bus to Cheney to support the TEAM. Hell no.

Go B.O., seriously? On a day of new beginnings and extreme optimism, you want to continue to kick a dead horse that you obviously have no clue about anyway?

Let it go man. Better yet, become more worldly and learn how other athletic departments operate. Here's hoping more charter flights happen with ISU football, the administration, and boosters. You have no idea how much that helps financing behind the scenes.

Don't piss and moan that ISU is finally acting like a true division I university when it comes to taking a charter. Piss and moan that more people haven't opened their wallets, and it has caused ISU to put players on 10 hour bus rides.

Orange, respectfully--let this one go.

Nothing happened weird in GA. Tingey and Vailas had this 'special announcement' to take care of and I have little doubt that they were busy getting things in order for today.

I'd say we celebrate the both of these guys today, because they just made a fantastic hire.

Latest posts

Back