• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Goodbye Ed!

At least this didn't go on for 8 years? I wonder if he just took the job to get his son a chance to start and his other son a chance to get coaching experience.

SLenz44 said:
At least this didn't go on for 8 years? I wonder if he just took the job to get his son a chance to start and his other son a chance to get coaching experience.

It's hard not to consider that, I agree... :|

The stories on coach Ed from the Tribune and Denver Post are crazy!!! Old , current, former staff (Baldwin) are all chiming in. Dunn must be looked at as being replaced after this debacle, especially if all is true. Just read the latest from the publications.

Beardown said:
The stories on coach Ed from the Tribune and Denver Post are crazy!!! Old , current, former staff (Baldwin) are all chiming in. Dunn must be looked at as being replaced after this debacle, especially if all is true. Just read the latest from the publications.

Those are pay sites so what's the thumbnail version of this?

Blofeld said:
Beardown said:

You should just be able to just register with an email, at least with the Denver Post without paying. All Bears fans need to read both. It’s amazing how Dunn incredibly F’d this up. I’ve been in his corner, but this is hard to take.

Whatever, the team has sucked... I'm sure it's all Dunn's fault... maybe so, I don't even care anymore to dig deeper... maybe the next coach can move to Greeley though, that's a decent start...

Blofeld said:

Cliffs Notes:
-Wasn’t a grinder; only on campus when he absolutely had to be.
-No structure or organization. Felt that doing things at the last minute had worked for him in the past and would continue working for him at UNC.
-Treated people badly. Screwed kids out of scholarships and scholarship money and wouldn’t deal directly with players.
-Wasn’t interested in player development; just wanted to bring in kids who could contribute immediately.
-Nepotism and favoritism. Self-explanatory.

bearhawk said:
Blofeld said:

Cliffs Notes:
-No structure or organization. Felt that doing things at the last minute had worked for him in the past and would continue working for him at UNC.
-Treated people badly. Screwed kids out of scholarships and scholarship money and wouldn’t deal directly with players.
-Wasn’t interested in player development; just wanted to bring in kids who could contribute immediately.

OK so the post above makes it sound like Dunn was the bad guy but this is all about how shitty EM was... which correlates with the noise on this board so that threw me off... I give them credit for going outside the box with the hire but clearly the guy didn't have it, so glad to be moving on...

Blofeld said:
bearhawk said:
Blofeld said:

Cliffs Notes:

OK so the post above makes it sound like Dunn was the bad guy but this is all about how shitty EM was... which correlates with the noise on this board so that threw me off... I give them credit for going outside the box with the hire but clearly the guy didn't have it, so glad to be moving on...

Oh, it's 100% on Dunn. According to the Tribune sources , McCaffrey didn't even interview well and the hiring committee didn't even recommend him as a top candidate, yet Dunn (and others I imagine) pushed ahead with him at the very last minute. The committee, AND Dunn I believe were going to either name Marty or Stugart as hc, but Dunn make the HUGE mistake of naming Ed as hc without the recommendation of others.

My great fear is that this burned bridges between Dunn/UNC and both English or Stugart. I would not blame either one if they do not put their names in for consideration.

Latest posts

Back