• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hill with broken thumb

In home country, those sins are rewarded with trip to meet maker. :)

wwiip132.jpg

In a text message sent two minutes ago, Idaho State SID Frank Mercogliano said Bengals quarterback Russel Hill likely won’t play Saturday at Oklahoma because of a thumb injury suffered in practice.

Read more:
http://www.pocatelloshops.com/new_blogs/sports/?p=4711

I am confused. Why is this on the ISJ blog?

That sucks about Hill, but I'm really interested in seeing how well our defense plays against Landry Jones, who's making his first career start this week. I hope that his youth and their offensive line can be exposed, and we can keep the score at least respectable (within like 28 points or so)

This is starting to get so pathetic. Its like a frickin soap opera. I don't blame 916bengal. He was just probably spreading the news on what he heard or found out. Big frickin deal. Maybe the players and staff etc should learn to keep things a bit more hush hush if they don't want things said? Who knows?

We are acting a bit over the top and why we are starting to call people out or others asking who so and so is on a message board!?!? I am starting to think that (we, the posters) are running the show and calling all the shots? I don't know about the present but believe me, I know that in the past the Athletic Admn. gets on here and reads up on this stuff and tries to warn people if they don't like what they are putting on here. Maybe some in the Admn. and some that are coaching need to start running a tighter ship and quit trying to run this too? I would hope they have more focus on their real jobs? Has anyone seen the Grizz board? May i say this again....We are very passive and timid compared to what they say and do on their board.

Suck it up Bengal Fans and message board posters and those in the "want to know catergory". The fact of the matter is there is a game to be played today and hopefully the coaches and players are prepared enough to go out there and fight a good fight. There has been enough on this issue. Lets move on. Go Bengals!

Just letting 916 know the athletic department was showing interest in him/her.

I'm with Roar as far as we should not call people out for what they post. If you can't take the heat don't come in the board, and that includes the coaches, athletes, and staff. The staff at ISU does not run this board and really has no say on how it is ran. What they do control is the practices and the athletes. Remember, if they don't like something like injury reports they can restrict practices to the public. In the case of 916 he/she has put something on here a couple of time they could only know if the were on the team or knew someone on the team. Posts that came out quickly, like just after practice. Those posts always get the interest of the staff, I don't believe Zam wants his players posting here, another thing he can control. Here is why you don't post something like a new player at the summer work outs who is not listed on the roster, someone like McGowen. A player like that can be recruited by anyone until they attend the first day of class. They are no binding letters of intents for these players. So if someone at Montana or NAU saw his name here, they may try and get that player. This has happened both to us and by us. Lewis was dead set against news like that being posted for the reasons stated above. I can tell you I read other teams sites, Arizona State fans were on our site and mentioned our banter on their message board, our site is listed with the Oklahoma message board on the Oklahoma team page. Yes other teams fans and coaches do read these sites. As fans we do have some responsibility for what we post, use some common cents and you don't have problems. Post to much insider stuff, and you get the coaches interest which can get the player you are getting it from in trouble.

Thank you.
I was waiting for Cub to sack up but i guess he don't see it the way you or I do Roar.

Now, who's the likely candidate to lay the smack down on the Sooners and put the pads on 'em?
Is it Holmesly lurking from his safety spot again?
Or is it gonna be Urias again laying the 'wood' on the ball carrier??? YEEEE!!

Anyhow, anyway.... play hard and play to the whistle again boys.

Waiting for me to sack up, huh? I haven't posted on this because I have very deep feelings on this matter.

I have mixed opinions on this whole thing. If a player or coach is posting stuff on this board, I don't believe that it is in the best interest of the university and I don't believe they should be posting insider information. But that is where it STOPS.

I don't think that 916 had any ill-intentions with his post. Quite frankly, the things that he puts on this board are the things that we as fans are looking for. If you look at any message board across the country, injuries are discussed, coaches and players are criticized and things like that.

No laws have been broken, Hippa and Respa laws have not been violated at all. ISU is sour because they think they have a mole and they want control over this information. I can't say that I blame them, but that does not make them right to criticize a poster for knowing as much as they do. Now if it is a player or coach that is posting these things--I think they should know and control it. I also believe that poster that only intend to tarnish the programs at Idaho State University do not belong here, but we know who those folks are and I/we can police ourselves.

I listened to the Coaches show last week and Coach Zamberlin discussed injuries. Stew Tracy has a hamstring and may play against Oklahoma. Amir Owens is working his way back from knee surgery and Jordan Scott has a bone bruise on his heel. So, if any one of these players play the opponent can go after these things that might be troubling these players. I didn't have to venture any further than the coaches show to learn this.

What upsets me more than anything is the scolding that we get as a message board community from the ISU administration and the coaching staff on the coaches show and the pre and post game shows. Zamberlin and O'Brien constantly make reference to this board. Zambelrin in particular, gets very pissed off about things that are said on this board. He has made reference to things that are said on here a number of times. It makes me really worried that coaches and administration really get worked up about things that are said by a bunch of fat and bald old men that like to act like they know what they are talking about.

It seems like ISU only makes reference to this community to point out any short-comings we may have and that is sad. Because I really believe that the people that post here are VERY INFORMED and they represent the most loyal of loyal fans that ISU can have. ISU does NOT have much community support at all and the success of the ISU athletic department has been dismal, but we check this board, contribute and truly we are a very loyal bunch...the most loyal of fans that they have.

bengalcub said:
Waiting for me to sack up, huh? I haven't posted on this because I have very deep feelings on this matter.

I have mixed opinions on this whole thing. If a player or coach is posting stuff on this board, I don't believe that it is in the best interest of the university and I don't believe they should be posting insider information. But that is where it STOPS.

I don't think that 916 had any ill-intentions with his post. Quite frankly, the things that he puts on this board are the things that we as fans are looking for. If you look at any message board across the country, injuries are discussed, coaches and players are criticized and things like that.

No laws have been broken, Hippa and Respa laws have not been violated at all. ISU is sour because they think they have a mole and they want control over this information. I can't say that I blame them, but that does not make them right to criticize a poster for knowing as much as they do. Now if it is a player or coach that is posting these things--I think they should know and control it. I also believe that poster that only intend to tarnish the programs at Idaho State University do not belong here, but we know who those folks are and I/we can police ourselves.

I listened to the Coaches show last week and Coach Zamberlin discussed injuries. Stew Tracy has a hamstring and may play against Oklahoma. Amir Owens is working his way back from knee surgery and Jordan Scott has a bone bruise on his heel. So, if any one of these players play the opponent can go after these things that might be troubling these players. I didn't have to venture any further than the coaches show to learn this.

What upsets me more than anything is the scolding that we get as a message board community from the ISU administration and the coaching staff on the coaches show and the pre and post game shows. Zamberlin and O'Brien constantly make reference to this board. Zambelrin in particular, gets very pissed off about things that are said on this board. He has made reference to things that are said on here a number of times. It makes me really worried that coaches and administration really get worked up about things that are said by a bunch of fat and bald old men that like to act like they know what they are talking about.

It seems like ISU only makes reference to this community to point out any short-comings we may have and that is sad. Because I really believe that the people that post here are VERY INFORMED and they represent the most loyal of loyal fans that ISU can have. ISU does NOT have much community support at all and the success of the ISU athletic department has been dismal, but we check this board, contribute and truly we are a very loyal bunch...the most loyal of fans that they have.

I agree with your comments...wholeheartedly!!!
That is what I was referring to.
The 'sack up' thing was nothing more than to incite what you just posted.

GO BENGALS!!

Latest posts

Back