• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Holt Arena Turf

Red Hill

Does anyone know if they will be selling pieces of the turf when they replace it in July? I would love to get a chunk of that for my tailgate parties.

It would be cool if they moved it out onto the asphalt, secured it and put a nice tent over it. We could use it as a VIP food/pre-game party/music section.

Also the guys would have another flat surface for walk thrus and to run mild practices on.

Would probably mess-up the parking huh?

Cal B F ....i like your idea....even if they could cut a section...and hand roll it up on days they needed the parking spots and roll it out for "game days" for the tents, bands, booths, etc.....it would help define the area.....or (excuse me ahead of time)...it could help the Bengals "mark their territory"....yep....i like your idea a lot.... :)

The athletic site has a story and picture of the new turf...

NewHoltTurf640wide.jpg

Read more: Hellas Construction to Install New Holt Arena Turf

Thanks President Vailas, Jeff Tingey and ISU Credit Union. This will be a great thing. Long overdue and it happened on your watch! Thanks
http://www.hellasconstruction.com/turf_softop.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What do you think Knothole!?!?!

Posted this over on CS too. I think the design they came up with is ok, just kind of plain. This is what I would have done...

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/13727917526405657235.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just spoke with some guys at Holt Arena and they said the new turf will be here tomorrow. It won’t be completed until the middle of August. The old turf will remain in the dome and will still be used for spring ball. The new turf will only be used during the fall. This should extend its lifespan.

How realistic is it that the Poky schools will leave and build their own stadium? That would extend the lifespan of the turf.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/28340127/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't even get me started on this.. District 25 needs to realize how good they have it.. Good luck drawing the crowds you would playing at... Hawthorne? Seriously!? What a dump! Oh, and when the Poky vs. Highland game draws 10k+ where are all those cars gonna park, and where are people gonna sit, you idiots.!? I swear the people we have running our school district and some of these teachers are on a remedial level..

You know, the district has been kicking the idea of playing on a high-school specific field since I was in high school.

I don't see why they're complaining about the revenue, though. I mean, since Pocatello seems so hellbent on using a student-owned, university-run facility for all of its community uses, I don't see why we shouldn't get our fair share. When you're renting out a building for something, it's kind of bad form to complain about not getting something more in return.

its_beautiful.jpg

I'm so checking this out tomorrow. I saw them lay down the rubbery black stuff and roll out the other layers but I haven't seen the final layer. Either way, it's amazing :)

Was in Pocatello today for a few hours and I stopped by to see it with my own eyes.

Saw it, touched it, smelled it and loved it...

I miss being at games live in the Dome and I will work hard to be at more in the flesh.

Something feels right--that is all I can say...

Actually the Montana game will be on October 8. I'll be there, as I'd like to see Joe Montana's son play. I think we'll play them tough, but I'm not going to go out on a limb and predict an ISU victory on this one. If ISU does pull out a victory, though, then this would probably be the one loss that would cost Robin Pflugrad his job. I don't think many of you know the extreme pressures that the Montana FB coaches are under to win games.

I checked it out today. I am astounded at the job being done inside Holt right now. Just think about how many injuries this is going to save! I am amazed and excited for the season!!!

Latest posts

Back