• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Holy crap

Bengal_believer

I think this is he first time I've seen our D outplay our offense. Which didn't take much tonight. Was I the only one who was severely disappointed? They made it awful tough to believe tonight

I am pretty sure it's gonna get worse before it gets better... Sure would be nice to know what things look like in 5 weeks.... Any guesses if we have any more wins??

Absolutely pathetic display of football especially the offense.....
Obviously, I realize Sanders is still learning the system and the speed at this level
But really, WTx happened after the first series which was executed to perfection....
Couple of observations -
1.0) Why are the coaches not rotating defensive players more often ? The first string is dead tired by the 4th quarter. I realize there are freshman behind the starters but really, not much playing time for the young guys especially when the game is decided anyway.
2.0) Barnum is a very class act. He could have ran the score up by at least an additional 14 points to help him in the polls, but he chose not to. I have th most respect for Barnum. I wish he was ISU's head man...
3.0) Kramer, your arrogance is really starting to catch up to you. Paying fans have a right to "boo" YOU whenever we see pathetic play calling.on the post game show you called out the fans for booing. PLEASE stop all your excuses for not getting things done. Complacency appears to be back for the bungals. Apparently all the accolades last year has gone to you head.is so. This game was a total embarrassment, very hard to watch.. Been following ISU football for over 40 years so please stop making excuses and focus on your job, no need to belittle fans on the air.
If you can't do this maybe it's time for retirement....

Barnum is a class act. He could easily have ran the score up. I have always been impressed with Barnum. There was no question who was the better team tonight.

I hate to say it but I agree with 81. I think we have the players to dominate, but to hear Kramer say that the reason the game was lost was because the o line and X were unable to perform?? That sounds very different than what we were hearing from pre-season, they were supposed to be our bread and butter.

81Champs said:
Paying fans have a right to "boo" YOU whenever we see pathetic play calling.on the post game show you called out the fans for booing. PLEASE stop all your excuses for not getting things done. Complacency appears to be back for the bungals. Apparently all the accolades last year has gone to you head.is so. This game was a total embarrassment, very hard to watch.. Been following ISU football for over 40 years so please stop making excuses and focus on your job, no need to belittle fans on the air.
If you can't do this maybe it's time for retirement....

I agree with you 81Champs. Kramer's modus operandi always seems to include throwing someone under the bus. Whether its the booing fans today or one of his players in years past who now is playing on Sunday.

Kramer also said that the kinks will be worked out by November. Hopefully, when November rolls around, ISU football is still relevant in the Big Sky, the fans still care, and this hasn't become a Throw Back Season.

What the hell was that at the 3 minute mark? <quote>uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh</quote> LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVEvZUL4lE0[/youtube]

Watch this clip. (It made me feel a tiny bit better) We all had high hopes, so I think it made yesterdays lose feel REALLY BAD. There were A lot of growing pains that happened.... There's some good things that happened yesterday too.

https://youtu.be/pOHEilrmJS8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

APR FIXED--CHECK
THREE TIME BIG SKY COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD WITH THREE DIFFERENT TEAMS--CHECK
SOLID FOUNDATION--CHECK
KRAMER CONFIDENT IN HIS TEAM DURING PRE-SEASON--CHECK

ANTI KRAMER "FIRE HIM" CHANT--CHECK
SELL THE FARM--CHECK
WHAT AN EVIL HUMAN--CHECK
NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR--CHECK
NEW QUARTERBACK--CHECK
TONS OF INJURIES--CHECK
FANS SAY GUELLER SHOULD BE THE STARTING QB--CHECK
FAN SAY SANDERS CAN"T PLAY--CHECK
6 OUT OF FINAL NINE GAMES ON THE ROAD--CHECK

LOSING SEASON--CHECK
THE FUTURE IS STILL BRIGHT--CHECK

up for the challenge said:
Is Potland State the real deal after winning two big games on the road ?

Portland State is one of several good teams in the Big Sky. They are physical and they'll compete just about every week. But the conference appears to loaded this year, so they'll have to.

I don't think it was the play calling which caused the fans to boo, it was because the punt returner wouldn't run back any of the punts, even when the nearest defender was about five yards or so in front of him. But I'm sure that this happened because Kramer told them to do this, because this area is a weakness on our team.

I could hear the radio broadcast inside the dome just fine this time. And I do like our new uniforms, we look just like British Columbia Lions of the CFL.

In defense of Sanders, our receivers were unable to get any distance between them and the defenders. PSU were simply as fast or faster than us a at every position. I think hey are for real.

After the good sport that Barnum was, the loss of two years ago must now fade away. I don't think I have ever seen a team take a knee on 4th down and turn the ball over until this game.

I can understand why Coach Kramer doesn'to like his punt returners to run back punts. He would rather ensure we get the ball back and not take an unnecessary risk and give the ball right back to our opponents.. With the way our offense should play where we start our drives doesn't matter. The biggest reason we lost the game is turnovers and special teams. We are only two weeks into the season so no need to panic yet.

It's a funny thing this football. Coach's coach playera play and fans cheer or booo. They all have that right. It's Coach K team. If he does not want to use the return as a weapon that's his call. I know the kid that returned that KO was ST player of week. So this is a bullet we have decided not to use. Football is not about xxx and oooo it's about Jimmy and joes. I say I want to score and I use everything I have to do so. That's why this is a opinion form not a coach's dialog form. I stand behind him even when I disagree.

Booing is actually a step up. Been to games for 13 years and don't remember any booing, of course with 4,500 in attendance, half of which are kids, booing was probably something you didn't want to teach your kids. 7,000 attendance is an improvement. Last year got some interest, so I guess expectations are up. Interest, too! Kramer will get it done.

Latest posts

Back