• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Holy crap

Right now I'm completely astounded at the coaching job that Bruce Barnum's done so far, I just didn't expect this at all. PSU played so much better than we did in every aspect of the game. And I've got to hand it to Cub for stating that he'd do a great job as a coach. Just several years ago on this board just before Kramer was hired, Cub and I had a dialogue here in which he said that ISU should hire Barnum because he's well prepared and would do a great job here. I said that Barnum doesn't have a track record because he's never been a head coach at any level before. And it would be a crapshoot if we hired him because past performance is an excellent indicator as far as future success as a head coach, and many times it's difficult to determine if an assistant coach would do well as a head coach. And Barnum was an excellent o-line coach but didn't do very well as a d-coordinator. But he did much better as an o-coordinator after Larry Lewis moved him there.

Again, I didn't see it and others didn't as well. But somehow Cub knew about Barnum, and the way the Viks have been playing they should win a fair amount of games this year. Barnum has taken PSU and has completely turned them around from what they were a year ago, when they only won three games and fired their coach.

I don't think that we'll have any chance at beating Boise this weekend. But I think that some of our easier games will be our road games. Cal Poly has been playing well and played ASU tough and they'll be tough to beat, but I think we can beat North Dakota, which barely beat Drake -- a member of the non-scholarship Pioneer Athletic Conference. UND did beat Wyoming, but the Cowboys are just terrible this year. And I think that Sac State and Weber are definitely winnable games, especially Weber. The remaining home games against EWU, Montana and MSU will be very difficult and I'm not going to make any predictions on any of these games. But I do have a lot of faith in Coach Kramer and I do see us improving in several aspects of the game in which we didn't play very well in this past weekend.

Gotta hand it to coach K for standing behind his guys, all things considered, our starting QB is as wet behind the ears in this offense as they come. The bar was raised here last year. And Bailey leaving has left its mark. This season may not be what we were all hoping for. Is there anyway that we could have guessed the BSC would have been this strong? Answer: no, not the average fan. But the coaches are paid to get a thumb on that stuff.

I think the crowd would have been way more supportive had we been given the heads up of this may be more than ISU can chew this week.

Many of the posters are right, all the fence sitters are saying I told you so who weren't able to last season, heck it's all they've known for so long is losing. But it sounds like we all are hanging in there for the long haul. Win lose or draw we probably all care a little too much about football.

The thing is, we have to look at it in the long term perpective. Kramer grew a team from nothing. We had a great year last year and it got some attention. Now if we were to lose ONE more game then last year, those fence sitter just cry and win and point fingers. I've mentioned before that I haven't missed a home game in seven years. I like the idea of building a program, not just a winning team or season. You hear people cry about our 2 deep is all young and or freshmen.... duh! We're building long term now that we have had a good year to get some attention and allow us to recruit more. Last year was great. This year will be too. We may not go 8-3 or 7-4, but it is what it is. We will still get better and be stronger. Next year we will have a stronger defense (Tyson Manu, Mario Jenkins, and a few linemen will return) we will also have a quarterback with that much more experience to be throwing what will STILL be a great receiving core. But I'm not already looking onto next year, we will still have some fun football this year, win or lose. This is just the nature of the conference and division were in.(we don't get invites to bowl games.) Hell, BYU goes 6-6 and their fans love them the same as when they're 10-2. Stand behind our team, stand behind out community. Keep supporting those kids that work hard to "pay" for their school! They need our support MORE when they lose then when they win. I know that's hard, but it's true.
Think of those kids going into classes Monday morning as losers, I KNOW they get made fun of, (or have with so many losing seasons) it's hard on them to feel that way. When they go into class as hero's (every week last year) it's easier on them. They NEED our support MORE when they lose. College football is not, should not ONLY be a Saturday thing. When you are a college football fan, especially for a local college, it's part of our community lives. Stand by and love these kids!!! They give you something we all apparently care for a lot. (Sometimes too much.)
**when our kids, or grandkids do terribly in their sports (even if it's year after year) do we say "the hell with it, I'm not going to go support them anymore"?
THIS IS OUR COMMUNITY TEAM. GO BENGALS! ! !
GO BENGALS FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, BASKETBALL ,SOFTBALL, TENNIS, GOLF!!! ETC ETC

BengalBannMan said:
The thing is, we have to look at it in the long term perpective. Kramer grew a team from nothing. We had a great year last year and it got some attention. Now if we were to lose ONE more game then last year, those fence sitter just cry and win and point fingers. I've mentioned before that I haven't missed a home game in seven years. I like the idea of building a program, not just a winning team or season. You hear people cry about our 2 deep is all young and or freshmen.... duh! We're building long term now that we have had a good year to get some attention and allow us to recruit more. Last year was great. This year will be too. We may not go 8-3 or 7-4, but it is what it is. We will still get better and be stronger. Next year we will have a stronger defense (Tyson Manu, Mario Jenkins, and a few linemen will return) we will also have a quarterback with that much more experience to be throwing what will STILL be a great receiving core. But I'm not already looking onto next year, we will still have some fun football this year, win or lose. This is just the nature of the conference and division were in.(we don't get invites to bowl games.) Hell, BYU goes 6-6 and their fans love them the same as when they're 10-2. Stand behind our team, stand behind out community. Keep supporting those kids that work hard to "pay" for their school! They need our support MORE when they lose then when they win. I know that's hard, but it's true.
Think of those kids going into classes Monday morning as losers, I KNOW they get made fun of, (or have with so many losing seasons) it's hard on them to feel that way. When they go into class as hero's (every week last year) it's easier on them. They NEED our support MORE when they lose. College football is not, should not ONLY be a Saturday thing. When you are a college football fan, especially for a local college, it's part of our community lives. Stand by and love these kids!!! They give you something we all apparently care for a lot. (Sometimes too much.)
**when our kids, or grandkids do terribly in their sports (even if it's year after year) do we say "the hell with it, I'm not going to go support them anymore"?

:thumb: :+1:

BengalBannMan said:

Amen!!! +100

Latest posts

Back