• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

How do they look?

Or how about the schedule? I hear ISU plays New Mexico in the Pit for the season opener but no other dates or teams?

Sin City Spudhead said:
They have a game at Grand Canyon University.

On Dec. 9.

Interesting note on the New Mexico game -- the Lobos have scheduled an exhibition game with Adams State, coached by former ISU assistant Louis Wilson (who also happens to play the same defense as his former mentor, Bill Evans).

Idaho State will participate in Utah State's World Vision Basketball Tournament, according to the schedule announced by South Dakota State. Cal State - Bakersfield is the 4th team...

The Jackrabbits also play in a three-team tournament hosted by Utah State in December, where they play the host Aggies, Idaho State and CSU Bakersfield.

RUHS said:
Or how about the schedule? I hear ISU plays New Mexico in the Pit for the season opener but no other dates or teams?

New Mexico announced the game will be Friday, November 14th...

Don't look for ISU to play BSU in men's basketball anytime soon. BSU is willing to play the Bengals only in Boise and not at all in Poky.

Boise:

Have they said anything along those lines, or has something been published somewhere stating that? Just curious.

PBP

PBP, several months ago I was talking to Bill Evans about the situation and that's what he told me. Evans is insistent in playing only a home and home series with the Broncos. I would suppose that BSU won't ever play Idaho in Moscow either, but I'm sure that Idaho doesn't mind playing the game at Century Link Arena since there are so many Idaho alums in this area.

I have seen a couple of practices. They actually look quite strong. I hear rumblings that Nicolds is going to red shirt this year. Too bad, the kid can jump out of the gym. Athletic doesn't even cover it. Does need some weight. I actually saw Nicolds play a couple of times in Cali and Vegas. The kid was under the radar, but is sick athletic. Good head on his shoulders. I hear they are red shirting the seven footer, also Spencer Nicolds and Chris Hansen. Looks to me like they are stacking a super athletic team for next season. Hansen is also one who can leap. As for the seven footer............ he is seven foot and can play.......... what more do I need to say. Good things in store.

Hansen? Red shirt? He's a senior and was leading scorer last year! Why would they redshirt him?
Projected starting line-up????
PG- Fox, Luzcando
SG- Bradley, Knight
SF- Hansen
PF- Solarin
C- Magot, Slavik

Thoughts???

RUHS said:
Hansen? Red shirt? He's a senior and was leading scorer last year! Why would they redshirt him?
Projected starting line-up????
PG- Fox, Luzcando
SG- Bradley, Knight
SF- Hansen
PF- Solarin
C- Magot, Slavik

Thoughts???
I'd be surprised if they redshirted Hansen -- they'd be hard-pressed to put up 50 points a game without Chris. As to starters, Knight is trying to get academically eligible and won't be a part of the team this year. I can see Bradley starting at SF, Hansen at 2g, the two freshmen competing at the point, Solarin at the PF and Magot and Slavik competing for time at C. Not a lot of proven offense, but some potential.

I believe "Ibleedblackandorange" meant Justin Smith, not Hansen. They wanted to Red Shirt Smith last year and were not able to because of complications with other players. I agree that Nicolds, Smith and Topalovic will make for a very athletic group for next year. I look forward to seeing them over the next four years.

Whew! I was thinking coach was just writing this year off!!
I think that ISU will surprise some people this year! Leading scorer and rebounder returns, Magot hopefully healthy for entire year, Slavik and Bradley addition and the freshman PG's can hopefully keep the loss of Sanchez to a minimum. Excited!!!
If anyone hears anything more about the schedule please post!!!

I believe our two non-conf. D-1 home games are Pacific and Utah Valley...others should be Montana Tech, Mont-Western and NW Nazarene...then it's off to the Big Sky races against Idaho in Moscow!

Latest posts

Back