• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

How much stock?

Anyone listening to my broadcasts know that fans leaving a game early, whether your team is ahead or behind, is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves. I only ever remember leaving an ISU game early once in my life. I'm sure fans don't like getting in their cars or out to their campers and hearing me criticize them, but it IS about the kids on the field, and those guys deserve every bit of support we can give them, win or lose.

It drives my wife crazy that even when we go to a movie, I stay until the very last credit has run and the screen has gone black. Ninety-nine percent of the time I'm the last one out of the theater.

I don't apologize for chiding fans that leave early...sorry if that offends anyone, but so be it.

I have been a Bengal fan for more years than I want to admit just because it reminds me of how old I am. I remember my dad taking me to games in the Spud Bowl watching Eddie "the Flea" Bell, and all the Bengals from a bygone era play the game. Great memories! It drives my wife crazy that I sit through every game, every season, until the final whistle blows. I guess for me when the Bengals are winning I want to savor the win until the final play. When they're losing I want to make sure I'm there to witness one of the greatest comebacks in D-1 football history - you never know what can happen in a D-1 football game and wouldn't it stink if your team was involved in a comeback that you could have witnessed but you missed because you wanted to beat traffic to get home to watch Wheel of Fortune.

I don't judge people for leaving early, that's their call and you don't know what's going on in their life. I will remind the people sitting around me that the game isn't over yet as they bolt for the exit. I'll admit that I have witnessed some really tough losses in 50 plus years of being a fan - but I've seen a ton of great wins as well - games I'll never forget. I guess watching a bad loss to the end helps me appreciate every win to the end that much more. Maybe that's why I stay.

Latest posts

Back