• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

If you're off-season bored....

Skippy

...there are interesting threads on both the Montana and Idaho message boards about Doug Fullerton's comments in Park City recently about splitting the Big Sky into FBS and FCS divisions. Here's a link to an article in the Missoulian about the concept. Go to either the Montana or Idaho football message boards for the threads on the topics -- you can't miss them, they're "hot."

http://missoulian.com/college/griz/speltz-big-sky-s-commish-eyes-change/article_921c10a0-1ab4-11e4-8876-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This at least is a substantial report on the matter that the No. Dakota fan brought up a few weeks ago.

I was asking for something more than remarks on a fan message board. This provides it. I’ll have to take his comments more seriously now although I’m still not sure where this is all leading.

I was struck by the fact that Fullerton, who has always been a football guy, apparently brought this up in the past.

We may know more after August 7th when the NCAA votes on the power conferences requests.

Just off the top of my head I don't see how a single conference can have teams just in football in both the FBS and FCS divisions....and what will this mean for all the other non-football sports?

PBP

PBP said:
This at least is a substantial report on the matter that the No. Dakota fan brought up a few weeks ago.

I was asking for something more than remarks on a fan message board. This provides it. I’ll have to take his comments more seriously now although I’m still not sure where this is all leading.

I was struck by the fact that Fullerton, who has always been a football guy, apparently brought this up in the past.

We may know more after August 7th when the NCAA votes on the power conferences requests.

Just off the top of my head I don't see how a single conference can have teams just in football in both the FBS and FCS divisions....and what will this mean for all the other non-football sports?

PBP
I think there are million issues that would have to be resolved first, not the least of which is that the NCAA currently does not allow a conference to "move up" en masse -- rather, individual schools have to join already established FBS conferences. All of this is a lot of speculation and "talking out loud" right now. Long-term, though, you can predict who the schools are that are well-positioned to make such a jump (schools that have stadiums that already meet attendance requirements or can be easily expanded to do so, for example), and those who would not.

Latest posts

Back