• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

In honor of:

blackfootbengal

I noticed this morning that Lloyd Bitton had passed away. His passing is significant to me because that makes two of the original "Rail Birds" that Jim Fox talked about have passed. Lloyd Bitton and Rex Barber have passed leaving three. Lloyd, Rex, and three others introduced me to ISU football in 1982 when I first moved to Pocatello from Blackfoot. I worked at the Don Simplot plant on shift work. My first fall in Pocatello I rode my mountain bike past the Dome almost everyday. One day I noticed a practice going on and stop to watch. I did this for a couple of day, then the practice moved inside. I went in and found a sit then noticed a group of men watching. Pretty soon one of them came over and introduced himself and asked me to join them. This is how I met Jim Slaughter. The others in the group were Rex Barber, Larry Gunter, and Dave Lowenthall. Over the years we had many totally useless conversations which I enjoyed immensely and will never forget. These men followed ISU sports through the bad times as well as the good times, there were true fans.

BFB...thanks for posting this about Lloyd and the "Rail Birds". I've seen and spoken with Lloyd almost every week during the last couple of years at ISU...many times when he came to the SUB to pick up a newspaper. I saw him last a week and a half ago when I was rushing into the radio station at the SUB to fix a problem. I saw Lloyd getting out of his car to grab a paper...but being in such a rush to fix the radio station I hurried in, having the now-haunting belief that I'd probably see him the next week and would say Hi then. Even today when I walk into Holt...I can look off to the side and visualize those guys all sitting there...living life to the fullest. You were special Lloyd...thanks for your friendship and loyalty to the Bengals! We will certainly miss you.

Latest posts

Back