• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Injuries Starting to Add Up

Skippy

Mario Jenkins went down with a leg injury Saturday, Taison Manu hasn't practiced the last several days, nor has Madison Mangum. As the team goes to full pads for the first time today, let's hope for better luck -- and better health.

Mangum seems to always be nicked up--which surprises me because of his physical strength. Manu is concerning because it seems to be an aggravation of the injury in the spring. Jenkins--ran out of gas last year and now he is hurt. Also, two Tight Ends, Graves and Wright have missed lots of games due to injury. Next, Broc Malcom has missed a number of games due to injury as well. Lastly, the punter is out a significant amount of time with an achilles injury.

Consider the fact that ISU has three preseason All BSC players on the shelf right now and two preseason All Americans...this is not good news. I am crossing my fingers that these are more precautionary and don't linger.

Some seasons you get lucky with regards to the injury bug (last season) and some years you can't buy a break (is this one of those years?) and all the high hopes fade. I hope this is NOT one of those injury plagued years.

Hoping for the best--would like to see this team win at least 6 games and build on back to back winning seasons.

Eric hollowell said:
Spring and preseason injuries are normal. It happens to every program.
Yes but not all injuries are created equal. Who you lose, when and for how long are all big considerations. ISU was very fortunate last year in that it didn't lose key players for long periods. We can only hope they are as fortunate this year. Injuries are always a part of the game, you just have to hope you have decent depth and don't lose your best players for long periods of time.

Linebacker slot getting thin: latest two-deep shows JC transfer Jake Pettit moving into Jenkins' spot with redshirt freshman Joe Martin behind him. Karstetter has a true freshman (Holloway) and a redshirt freshman (Razor) behind him at rush linebacker.

If Jenkins is indeed out for the season, the next big turning point will be an eligibility decision on Peoples, who is currently listed as the starter at NG -- with a true freshman (Aloi) listed as his backup.

bengalcub said:
Where can one go to see this depth chart you speak of, Skippy?

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/kylefranko/isu-football-bengals-fall-practice-notes----/article_1600cd1a-4602-11e5-b25b-537d9d7e790c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kyle Franko's doing a real nice job covering fall camp.

Agreed, Skippy, Franko is doing a good job. Best sports editor at the ISJ in years.

Think he'd ever have to worry about something like this with Kramer?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25275853/idaho-coach-paul-petrino-angrily-confronts-reporter-restrained" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Journal reported today that Nikko Taylor, the junior college transfer DL, will not be available this year. Taison Manu and Spencer Hoff have not practiced all week and there is no timeline for their return. What started as a fairly deep and talented defense is getting thinner by the day.

Counting the JC LB that did not make it in, Idaho State is down five guys (DT Taylor, DB Manu, LB Jenkins, DE Hoff and LB Navarro)that they expected to start.

Cross your finger on Peoples because having him could be critical.

They will have up to six True Freshman in the two deeps. We must remember that nobody expected Mario Jenkins to have the year that he did. Some kids are going to rise to the occasion.

This defense may struggle at times this year with youth but the future will be bright at LB and DLINE with all the pups getting experience this year.

Wingrove did go down in today's scrimmage. He seemed like he was in pretty good pain and seemed upset while laying on the field being attended to (which made me feel he was nervous about it being a bad injury). However, then he was on the field with a walking crutch in the backfield while the team finished up. This time his demeanor seemed upbeat, and smiling and laughing with one of the coaches (which made me feel like it was going to be a week or so injury) all pure speculation on my part. Just saying what I saw and felt, trying to read his body language.

It is what it is. We can't do anything about it but send the next guy up. We were not suppose to be that good last year and see what happened. No one knew who Mario was at the beginning of last year. We roll with the punches and let Coach figure it out. I'm tired of worrying about it. This is a team sport. Suck it up and press forward. Go Bengals!

Latest posts

Back