• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Is the Big Sky the best Conference?

SMEnetwork

One of the most debated topics between fans is which conference is the best. It’s time to look at all the teams in each of the five conferences listed and vote for who you think has the best conference at http://www.smebroadcasting.com.

Big Sky
Colonial
Gateway
Southern
Southland

Each of these conferences has their share of top 25 teams, but from top to bottom, which is the best. Post your comments here or send them to our feedback e-mail for your chance to take part in our July prize drawing.

Try to be unbiased.

Hello, NAU fans! As you might (or might not) recognize from the user name I'm an Appalachian fan. We've had this discussion on our board as well recently, so I'll put in my 2 cents worth:

1) Gateway - this conference is unbelievably deep.
2) Colonial (former A10) - Again, a lot of depth, but not as consistently as the Gateway.
3) Southern/Big Sky - this one is too close to call. Both currently have one currently dominant team with 2-3 others that are capable of beating just about anyone.
4) Southland

That's how I see it currently. Obviously, once the season starts, things could change. I would also state that the conference ultimately means nothing in any individual game matchup. It all comes down to the men on the field!

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Boone on 9/15/07. The App fans are excited about having a quality Non-conference game in Kid-Brewer Stadium!

Greg

Latest posts

Back