• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU/ASU Pre Game thoughts...

ASU - 45
ISU - 7

There's Idaho hot, and then there is AZ hot. I think ASU jumps on ISU early and often, and this thing is done mid-way through the 2Q. ISU will have some success (relatively speaking) against ASU's 2nd and 3rd stringers in 4Q and scores a TD late. Athleticism, depth, and heat will be way too much to handle for ISU. As long as ISU escapes relatively healthy and can produce some 3-and-outs on D, and move the chains on O running and occasional mid-to-long range pass plays between the 20s, take the $300K (or what ever the guarantee is) back to Poky, and get ready for (gulp!) Boomer Sooner next week.

From the land of the valley of the sun, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com

Sounds like John Clayton is calling this one to be almost identical to our opener at Boise State last year...

It won't be triple digits for the game....probably high 80s low 90s...maybe even a sprinkle

ISUSID

ASU has 5 or 6 kids that are suspended for this game against ISU.

If ISU can gain 300 yards in total offense, that would be a huge victory. What I want to see is a solid running game. Run the game clock down as much as possible before snaps. I would like too see improvement over last year, that is what will make me happy.

So with ASU missing some kids, I am going to say 59-17--Sun Devils. I will be pulling for the team until the clock strikes all zeros.

I am excited to see an improved Bengal squad.

I have been asked in the last months from people in town "how are the bengals gonna be this year?" I have kept mum. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic. From the journal a few days ago i read about the offense and the new play caller, Jensen. It was a good read and it sounds like the play calling last year was a big problem and they went away from what worked. It read like they recognized the problem and will fix it this year. Get ready for more running/1st downs and time of poss.

I want them to wow me this year. I want to see great things from them. The team chemistry is great if not the best in 5 years from what Cartwright said on the news. Jensens remarks were very very optimistic too. I guess we will watch and wait.

The heat might be a bit of a factor but isn't our elevation a lot higher? I might be blowing smoke but just a thought. I think BYU drank pickle juice a few years ago when they went to the south and played to stay hydrated.

Either way I will be cheering on the Orange and Black! I don't think it will be a blow out. My gut tells me this will be like another Kentucky game with possible winning situations. Good Luck fellas! Go Bengals!

I know it sounds weird. The announcer said they had dill pickle jars on the sideline drinking the juice to keep hydrated. I will try to look it up. I do remember back in highschool my dad gave me salt tablets to get me hydrated again. They worked like magic.

I guess it was to combat cramps. I found this on the net.............

PURPOSE
The use of pickle juice as a defense against muscle cramps first attracted headlines when the Philadelphia Eagles credited pickle juice with their cramp-free win over the Dallas Cowboys in the over-one-hundred-degrees Texas heat. Rick Burkholder, the Eagles’ head trainer, called it his “secret weapon.” Pickle companies (such as Mt. Olive Pickle, Vlasic Foods and Golden Pickle) claim that pickle juice is similar to an isotonic beverage and can prevent muscle cramps caused from strenuous exercise. Mt. Olive Pickle asserts that “an athletic trainer from the University of Northern Iowa” uses pickle juice to avoid muscle cramps in athletes. (http://www.mtolivepickles.com/Picklemania/PickleJuicePower.html)

Golden Pickle has even created a sports drink, appropriately named “Pickle Juice Sport.” Golden Pickle claims that Pickle Juice Sport has “approximately 30 times more electrolytes than Powerade and 15 times more than Gatorade.” (http://www.goldenpicklejuice.com). It is even endorsed by Dallas Cowboy Jason Witten.

COUGARS LAP UP CRAMP-SAVING, PUCKER-INDUCING
PICKLE JUICE

For years BYU trainer George Curtis heard about pickle juice as a way to combat cramps, but he never had the courage to try it. Until this football season. Knowing the Cougars had several games in high humidity climates and hot weather, Curtis investigated the liquid, and players began imbibing.

"I've cramped up and needed an IV or a shot in the 40 games I have played in at BYU before this year," says fullback Kalani Sitake, a senior from Kirkwood, Mo. "Some people say it's a placebo effect, but it works for me, and I haven't had any problems this year." Of course, "It doesn't taste very good," says Sitake.

The low-down: BYU players guzzled one and a half gallons of pickle juice at Florida State and two and a half gallons at Virginia; Cougars drink three to four ounces of pickle juice one hour before the game and another two ounces at halftime; Sitake leads all Cougars by sipping pickle juice every half-hour during the game, consuming 10 to 12 ounces per game

Latest posts

Back