• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU gets the Shaft from ROOT Sports!!!

BengalSapper

ISU gets left out from having any games televised by Root sports. It does not surprise me that this happens. I would think that the Big sky would try to get a game for all teams but I don’t think they care. If ISU ever could go to another conference I would leave as fast as we could. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Sept 26th Cal Poly @ Portland State

Sept 28th Montana @ Northern Arizona

Oct 5th Portland State @ Montana

Oct 19th Montana State @ Weber State

Oct 26th Eastern Washington @ Montana

Nov 2nd Montana State @ Northern Colorado

Nov 9th Montana State @ Eastern Washington

Nov 16th Eastern Washington @ Cal Poly

Nov 23rd Montana @ Montana State

Nov 23rd Portland State @ Eastern Washington

Appearances by teams

Montana- 4
Montana State- 4
Eastern Washington- 4
Portland State- 3
Cal Poly- 2
Weber State- 1
Northern Colorado- 1
Northern Arizona- 1

Idaho State- 0
UC Davis- 0
North Dakota- 0
Southern Utah- 0
Sac State- 0

To be honest, ISU was beyond bad last year. I don't blame Root for not picking up an ISU game. It's business. Bad team = bad ratings = bad business. When ISU starts to improve and win more, then Root will air some games. ISU is in the Root Sports footprint, whereas schools like UC Davis, Sac, and North Dakota are not.

I'm just glad there are some games which don't actually include Montana or MSU.

Also, ISU will get a couple of games on national TV. The UDub game will be on something like Root or the Pac 12 network, and the BYU game will probably be on BYU-TV.

I think Altitude-TV when they had the contract had a policy of every school has to be on at least once but I don't think that's part of the deal with Root Sports.

Like has been said when they get better and start winning some games they'll get more exposure.

PBP

This will be the 2nd year Weber will have one, and both times suprise, suprise it's against either Montana or Montana State.

Altitude should pick the games Root wont show up.

ISU does not deserve a TV presence. They suck. They are a joke in the BSC and FCS. When, and IF they don't suck, the following year, then we can bitch and moan with a reason. There were about ten teams in the entire FCS rated worse than ISU last year. Until then...reality sucks. Those of you with 30+ years of active ISU memory know it can be done. Pony up the $$$ they are charging for a home game, go to the away games you can afford, make a lot of noise, and do what you can. It took a long time to dig this hole, expect it to take a while longer to come out. :doh:

How did Weber State get TV time after only winning 2 games last season in the Big Sky? I do understand why Root Sports did not choose ISU but why did Roots Sports choose Weber State as they finished second to last place in 2012.

The 2013 Sporting News college football yearbook just came out, and ISU was predicted to finish dead last. MSU was predicted to finish, followed by EWU, Montana, NAU, Cal Poly and Sac State. TSN said that ISU is still rebuilding but should be able to win more than one game, which is what happened last season (and I certainly hope so with Dixie and Western States on the schedule). But they don't feel that we'll show enough improvement to escape the cellar.

I personally think that there should be quite a bit of improvement with year's team, as there should be a great deal of improvement with our offensive and defensive lines. I'd be happy if we were to win four games -- two against league teams and two against the D-2 foes. But we'll see what happens and I'll be anxious for the FB season to begin in a few months.

For those of you like me who really don't want a yearbook with BSU players on the cover, then you can go to the following link and buy one over the net, featuring players from various teams all over the country. My yearbook has LSU and Ole Miss players on the cover.

https://www.streetandsmiths.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.covers&catid=2&year=2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree that we have more depth on the defensive line and more depth on the offensive line. I see the defense as a whole much better than last season but the offensive is questionable as we lost 4 offensive players from the 2012 team that made the All Big Sky Conference Team. We really do need a running game so we have some balance on offense. If we cannot established a running game this season we are doomed again and will be back into the cellar as predicted.

At least ISU is one of the five Big Sky teams that do not have a game on Root in 2013. Last season Cal Poly was the ONLY Big Sky team not shown on Root.

up for the challenge said:
How did Weber State get TV time after only winning 2 games last season in the Big Sky? I do understand why Root Sports did not choose ISU but why did Roots Sports choose Weber State as they finished second to last place in 2012.

Up:

I don't think it was Weber State as much as it was the fact that they were playing Montana State. The Bobcats are the draw not Weber.

PBP

PBP

I'm on board with Montana State and Eastern Washington getting the best TV time as they are deserving. In my opinion, Cal Poly and Northern Arizona really got the shaft while Montana and Portland State got awarded big time for having a losing season in 2012.

TEAM CONF OVR
Eastern Washington 7-1 11-3
Montana State 7-1 11-2
Cal Poly 7-1 9-3
Northern Arizona 6-2 8-3
Sacramento State 4-4 6-5
Northern Colorado 4-4 5-6
Southern Utah 4-4 5-6
Montana 3-5 5-6
North Dakota 3-5 5-6
UC Davis 3-5 4-7
Portland State 2-6 3-8
Weber State 2-6 2-9
Idaho State 0-8 1-10

PBP said:
up for the challenge said:

Up:

I don't think it was Weber State as much as it was the fact that they were playing Montana State. The Bobcats are the draw not Weber.

PBP

:+1: Exactly, the only reason Weber had a game on Root last year was because we played Montana, this year Weber is only getting a game because of Montana State

Sucks, but so does Weber

Up:

Unless Montana goes into the tank for the next few years you're going to continue to see them get a lot of TV time and justifiably so.

They've earned that reputation over the past 25 years. The schedule with them was based on the opinion that last year was a fluke and not the norm.

Time will tell.

PBP

PBP - okay, Montana is deserving for TV time based on their past history but 4 games is a little too much based on their win - loss record last season. If anything, give Cal Poly 3 games and Montana 3 games. I would give Northern Arizona 2 games as they were in the drivers seat the entire season until they lost their final two games.

How did Portland State get 3 TV games based on a 2 - 6 record in 2012 ? Cal Poly got 2 TV games with a 7 - 1 record and Northern Arizona got 1 TV game with a 6 - 2 record ?

Up:

Again...look at who Portland State is playing...Cal Poly, Montana and Eastern Washington. They are the draw not PSU. It's more about televising those three teams rather than the Vikings. PSU just "happens" to be playing them.

PBP

PBP

To give Cal Poly (7-1) only 2 games and Northern Arizona (6-2) only 1 game is not right in my opinion especially after seeing Portland State (2-6) get 3 games and seeing Weber State (2-6) get 1 game. Actually, UC Davis (3-5) and North Dakota (3-5) is more deserving than Portland State and Weber State. I listed the match-up I like through Root Sports and listed the games I think are more fair. I gave Montana 3 games based on their previous seasons and Championships.

I like these match-ups from Root Sports.

Montana at Northern Arizona
Eastern Washington at Montana
Montana State at Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington at Cal Poly
Montana at Montana State
Cal Poly at Portland State
Montana State at Northern Colorado

I would have liked to seen these match-ups:

Oct. 26, 2013 - Cal Poly (7-1) at Northern Arizona (6-2) to replace Montana State (7-1) at Weber State (2 -6)
Oct. 5, 2013 - Northern Colorado (4-4) at Sac State (4-4) to replace Portland State (2-6) at Montana (3-5)
Nov. 23, 2013 - Southern Utah (4-4) at Northern Arizona (6-2) to replace Portland State (2-6) at Easter Washington (7-1)

Eastern Washington (3)
Montana State (3)
Montana (3)
Cal Poly (3)
Northern Arizona (3)
Northern Colorado (2)
Sacramento State (1)
Southern Utah (1)
Portland State (1)
Idaho State (0)
Weber State (0)
North Dakota (0)
UC Davis (0)

Maybe ISU can knock off some of these teams in 2013 so we can get TV time in 2014 :D

I'd like to see ISU on TV as much as anyone, but let's face facts, they do suck. So, unless Phil Meador or some other deep pocket individual comes up with some serious cash, it will not happen.

otis - all of us know that past APR problems, limited practice time, injuries, new coaches, etc. are the reasons we have not done well. We should win this year as those problems have been resolved. All we need now is a running game to complement our passing game. The defense will be good this year.

Latest posts

Back