• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Player Falsely Accused of Bank Robbery

Skippy

The Journal has a story today about at least one ISU football player being held in jail in Utah on false charges of being involved in the recent robbery of a Malad bank.

The ISU athlete, who is black, had the misfortune of sliding off I-15 during a snow storm on Wednesday, on his way home to California for the holidays. The young man's car did not match the description of the vehicle wanted in the robbery, but because the athlete and his passenger were black, they were taken into custody. The sheriff's department issued a media release saying they had two men in custody in relation to the bank robbery, despite a good deal of evidence to the contrary.

The ISU player's mother flew up from California and the Oneida County Sheriff's Department went to Box Elder County to assess the situation. The two students were later released.

Needless to say the athlete's mom is incensed. If I were her, I'd be looking for a good civil rights lawyer right now.

What's even more ridiculous is the Box Elder County detectives pressuring the students to confess to the crime and telling them they will be in jail for years. There was so much evidence proving the innocence of these guys from the start that it's downright ridiculous what happened to them.

On their way home for the holidays after a long week of finals, get into a car accident, waiting for help, instead getting arrested at gunpoint, spending 24 hours in jail and wrongly accused. What a great way to start their vacation.

On top of that they probably won't get to go home for the holidays now pending the investigation. As a parent I would be livid. You can bet I'd be looking for an attorney.

Hang in there Bengals. Reading this story is just sickening. Very sorry for the misery the players and the parents and that mom who flew up from CAli have endured the last 48 hours. I hope they sue that police department BIG TIME. I hope those A-hole detectives and racist police men at the scene on highway get whatever is coming there way. By the way AWESOME work by the Oneida County sheriff office. That mom Nika Fox sounds like a Bad A*#, good job mom

So, what exactly has transpired with the investigation of that bank robbery? Last news I can find with a Google search is that the ISU player was released after the screw up on the false arrest.

Is this story going to go the way of so many other stories in Eastern Idaho where they seem to just drop off the radar and are never brought up again? That seems to be a popular theme in this area for the past many years where a prominent political or religious figure could be embarassed by something a family member has done or may have done. Then again, there's the inside job angle which seems to happen once in a while.

If there is further information, could someone please post a link? Thanks!

I've been checking now and then and haven't found any new info. The flub up of the arrest seemed more on side of the Utah (Box Elder) Police department on this one though.

Latest posts

Back